Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looking to do a speaker upgrade. What have yall found that sounds the best without having to upgrade my amp?
I installed the Victory Kicker speakers in the fairing and the trunk the sound is very good to me. No amps needed and you can hear music at all speeds including on the interstate.

The Victory Kicker speakers are plug and play.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Are you an XC or an XC Tour? If you need 2 fairing speakers the Kickers are fine just expensive. $200 a set but they are rated to work with factory system. If you are a Tour you need 4. Ouch!

Look at Polk Audio. Myself and many are happy but most of us run amps. You must pay attention to the rating of the speaker to the out put of the factory stereo which isn't much. the Kickers sound decent with the factory set up but if you want to save money then check what the kickers are rated at and match that to a set of after market units like Polk, Alpine, Infinity, Pioneer? Don't buy the cheaper Kickers found in box stores. They are not the same MC specific ones that are $199 everywhere. Good Luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
No need to spend that kind of money. Off the shelf 5.25"kickers will fit the fairing boxes. I went with the 40cs5s. 60 bucks a pair at best buy. 70w continuous, 225w peak each. Sound much better. I put same in trunk but had they won't go all the way into the recess without some mods or leave them stood off the back wall a bit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unknown. But 4 ohm with a 1 1/4" magnet base on back. Very small. Mine have date code of 7/26/2011 but the bike is a 2013. Sit on the shelf much? The magnets are so small, the crappy things won't even stick to my tool box!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good luck with whatever speakers you pick. I only had the bike for 250 miles before I replaced speakers. It is much clearer now. I have to research a small 4 channel or 2 small 2 channel amps to hide in the fairing now...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok having no luck finding polk audio speakers. Seems that kicker is the only one on the market right now. Did you have the kickers in your bike? I don't guess I have really cheap ones in my bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
No, I did not have the kickers as dealer installed equipment. I installed them myself last week. Easy plug and play. Line I said, the stock speakers are garbage. Look into the speaker grill, if you see a K on the tweeter support, you have kickers. If no K, you have crap stock speakers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I'm going to end up going with the kickers then. How hard is of to put them in and do you have some kind of directions? Thank you for all the help.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mitch, Where have you looked that you cant find Polk speakers?
Try Sonic Electronics, Amazon, Overstock.com.
Love the 8 ball XC. I would install a 2 channel Rockford amp and a set of 6.5 speakers and enjoy. Use the search mode on this forum, crack a beer and enjoy. There's a lot to read in regards to members bikes and stereos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts