Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start doing my own work on my 2012 Vegas and 2012 Cross Roads. I know there are some "special tools" required. For example, the shock spanner for the Vegas (I know I can Wing it, but in my experience the right tool is always the best). Anyone know where I can get whatever specialty tools I need or want? A web site?

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I bought the $40 belt tension tool shortly after I bought the bike. I put the tool in a safe place. I don't remember where. dammit.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I bought the $40 belt tensioning tool on Amazon for $21. It said for Harley Davidson but all that don't matter. They work the same. Pound rated internal sping, rubber o-ring on the outside to mark your deflection. Picked up the spanner wrench for the suspension on Amazon also, I think I paid $8 or so for it. Bike lift is almost a must have for a DIYer. Harbor Frieght for under $99, used it several times already, works great.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago with a coupon for this price. Nice lift, easy to setup.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Did you look at the price recently or going by the price when you bought yours? I looked online and it's on sale for $89.99

·
Registered
182 Posts
This months issue of 'motorcycle bagger' has a 2 page ad for them. 3rd page into the mag, Coupon with barcode is on that page, $59.99, regular price $119.99 !

·
Registered
182 Posts
So does the new motorcyclist mag, near the back, top right corner of the ad ! Probably any motorcycle magazine this month.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
aaah, maybe I need to get some motorcycle mags. The only coupons I get are sent from harbor freight. Sounds like your coupons are better than my coupons.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I had most of the tools I needed but had to buy the right size crows foot to loosen the rear axle and the large hex bolt to check the torque of the front axle. I also got the amazon belt deflection tool and a good quality tire pressure guage as well as an air pump for the rear shock. I've got the cheap HF bike lift and while not the best it does the job just fine.

·
13,185 Posts
Good think about the Vic's is you only need half dozen tools and you pull the hole bike a part.
If you buy tools from sears always ask if they have the life time guarantee. Some do and a lot don't.
If you see a Mack tool truck or Snap on truck there good but coast more.
Harbor Freight and even Fleet Farm have a lot of tools but keep in mind some are cheap.
Ask your dealer or go on line and check out Parts Unlimited catalog for specialtie tools

1 - 15 of 15 Posts