Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Classic Cruiser, recently the speedometer became erratic and the check engine light came on. Because of posts here and around I removed the exhaust to get to the sensor. Upon initial inspection the sensor wiring looks good and is shrink wrapped & sealed. I want to give it a thorough look yet, but thinking it may not be wiring. The tip of sensor had a lot of rubber on it; could it just need a good clean out under the cover?

Does anyone know off hand what socket size the sprocket nut takes?

Thanks in advance for any help
Ride hard and ride free!thumb up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought a new sensor, took a while to get er stripped down.
Hope to get to her in time to test it.
I want to check the wheel bearings while I have the cover and exhaust off.
Ride hard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got the new sensor in, it is a new style.
But after buttoning it up and test driving, check engine light is still flashing.
Back to square one.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Finally got the new sensor in, it is a new style.
But after buttoning it up and test driving, check engine light is still flashing.
Back to square one.
In replaced mine and problems gone but I didn't get a check engine light when mine went out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks folks
It was a short test drive, but I do believe the speedo needle stayed engaged and only the window changed to check engine.
after some reading my next moves are to double check the battery (maybe an Auto store can load test), and the clutch switch.
Maybe the connections where the positive battery lead goes to also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna update this one, put a second "New" speed sensor in it late last year, then no start.
Went back in this year, recleaned all the connectors to get excessive dialectic grease out so it's not the problem, still no fire, noticed no fuel pump noise.
Replaced the relays for the fuel pump and ECM. Started right up. Still gonna test the pressure the fuel pump is putting out. Have a new clutch switch to put in so it's not the problem.
Still not for sure it's fixed, but feel a lot better than yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts