Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a speed sensor for my Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Stopped into several Indian [Polaris dealers] including the dealer I purchased my Vic from. All said "Discontinued & Unavailable" !! Polaris was supposed to make parts for 10 years, what happened ??? I'm going to be really P Oed if I have to park a truly great bike because of one sensor that is "Discontinued & Unavailable" !!!!

·
Premium Member
6,336 Posts
Try DonWood website please

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Check pinwallcycles will be used parts but are usually pretty good I have had no problems with the stuff I have ordered from them
Also check on Facebook

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Looking for a speed sensor for my Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Stopped into several Indian [Polaris dealers] including the dealer I purchased my Vic from. All said "Discontinued & Unavailable" !! Polaris was supposed to make parts for 10 years, what happened ??? I'm going to be really P Oed if I have to park a truly great bike because of one sensor that is "Discontinued & Unavailable" !!!!
What year is your Vegas? Mine went out on my 2004 and I bought one on ebay.

You really believed Polaris would keep their word!!!

Reactions: NAB

·
13,301 Posts
MC Rider
If your still looking get a hold of the vic shop. They just made up a new one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Vegas is an '07. Looked at Ebay, the sensors are a different part #. This is the second time this sensor has let go in the 10 years I've had this bike. Vision Johnny, "They just made a new one" what ?? New Vic shop or speed sensor ??

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
My Vegas is an '07. Looked at Ebay, the sensors are a different part #. This is the second time this sensor has let go in the 10 years I've had this bike. Vision Johnny, "They just made a new one" what ?? New Vic shop or speed sensor ??
You might find one here.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,955 Posts
That is exactly what I suggested a while back when this came up. Adapting parts to make it work. Same will be needed for more parts in future. People will find a way to keep these bikes on the road.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is exactly what I suggested a while back when this came up. Adapting parts to make it work. Same will be needed for more parts in future. People will find a way to keep these bikes on the road.
agreed....one bike in my garage the one I LOVE to ride...unfortunately the lil wrench skills I once had are handicapped with COPD...and the inability to kneel or be down like repairs take for any length of time....but I've two good mechanic friends and belong to an AWESOME forum for help when the need arrives...

Ride Safe,

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts