Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upgraded the speakers in my XC to some Kenwood 5.25" coaxials and the speed sensor isn't raising the volume with increased speeds above the 15% mark on the volume indicator - any thoughts on what to do? (I got the 4 ohm to match the factory ones, and made sure that there were no cross overs on them)

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy
no comments on your problem...my speed sensor works...although sometimes it does not go down at stops....very rare...

now then...how much better do your new speakers sound? worth it?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound is much better - Kenwood KFC-X133's vs. puny stock, no comparison. Cost was $86.24

·
13,002 Posts
You have a sensor for your radio?
Tell me more very interesting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you checked to see if the setup for your radio still has the speed sensing/volume option set?????

Maybe disconnecting the OEM speakers caused the unit to reset that setting to "OFF".

·
Registered
102 Posts
Upgraded the speakers in my XC to some Kenwood 5.25" coaxials and the speed sensor isn't raising the volume with increased speeds above the 15% mark on the volume indicator - any thoughts on what to do? (I got the 4 ohm to match the factory ones, and made sure that there were no cross overs on them)
Just this morning I was looking at another forum searching for info on speaker upgrade for my 11 XC. The information I got states that the oem is a 2 ohm and not a 4 ohm. The 4 ohm in a 2 ohm system will lose power and thus produce less sound. There were several threads for this so it was not just one guys opinion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just this morning I was looking at another forum searching for info on speaker upgrade for my 11 XC. The information I got states that the oem is a 2 ohm and not a 4 ohm. The 4 ohm in a 2 ohm system will lose power and thus produce less sound. There were several threads for this so it was not just one guys opinion.
Makes sense. The stereo probably has a protection circuit that won't let it turn the volume up any higher with the additional load.

Does anybody have actual spec's on the stock speakers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts