Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this helps the other Vic riders who dislike the saddlbag contraptions as much I did. Tired of wrestling with the POS saddlebag connections - I replaced with 5/16 speed nuts and 2 inch 18 bolts that easy off/on without problems and no fear of saddelbag falling off. Home Depot hardware..

With some longer road trips coming up getting bike ready...All the camping gear will not fit in OEM luggage so strapping on behind me is part of the plan.
Did not want to scratch up paint so I installed a place to secure the bungies without resorting to wrapping the rear trunk rack, etc..

Belt tension is correct but wanted to align belt to run in middle of drive pully. HA!- 3 hours later not sure I changed a thing. Read service manual directions, wheel off floor Cannot seem to have belt run consistently down the center of the pulley... Ugh. Either along the left or right no problem.. Center consistently.. Nope.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Belt tension is correct but wanted to align belt to run in middle of drive pully. HA!- 3 hours later not sure I changed a thing. Read service manual directions, wheel off floor Cannot seem to have belt run consistently down the center of the pulley... Ugh. Either along the left or right no problem.. Center consistently.. Nope.

I know this feeling. I have tossed the factory procedure and moved on the "ride it and tweak as i go" procedure.

m

1 - 2 of 2 Posts