Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the bezel from the speedometer. Not sure how to do it. Twist off or pry off. Don't want to break anything. Has anyone done this before.

2015 Gunner

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also looked at the part schematic. Not clear how to remove the bezel. I've twisted it and it still doesn't come off. It's not a screw type thing. Still hoping someone has done this before

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I've also looked at the part schematic. Not clear how to remove the bezel. I've twisted it and it still doesn't come off. It's not a screw type thing. Still hoping someone has done this before
It's probably glued or sonic welded on. Why do you want to remove the bezel?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm trying to remove the bezel from the speedometer. Not sure how to do it. Twist off or pry off. Don't want to break anything. Has anyone done this before.

2015 Gunner
Here is the info I got when I asked the same question:

"Heat it and gently pry it off. Its glued on. Gotta be very careful though. Too much heat and you can mess up the bezel. Too little, and you can break it. Can't order just that part, so you'd need a whole new assembly if you broke it."

Now I was asking because I wanted it painted. I ended up having the entire speedometer cerakoted. Turned out great!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pyro- got a pic?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can see the bezel in this pic but the whole speedometer was cerakoted.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
off topic- did you also tint your turn signals or did you buy new lenses. I recently saw where Ducati Monster replacements fit perfectly- and they are available in clear or smoked.

·
Registered
85 Posts
off topic- did you also tint your turn signals or did you buy new lenses. I recently saw where Ducati Monster replacements fit perfectly- and they are available in clear or smoked.
I bought the smoked Ducati Monster lenses from Amazon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the info I got when I asked the same question:

"Heat it and gently pry it off. Its glued on. Gotta be very careful though. Too much heat and you can mess up the bezel. Too little, and you can break it. Can't order just that part, so you'd need a whole new assembly if you broke it."

Now I was asking because I wanted it painted. I ended up having the entire speedometer cerakoted. Turned out great!
Pyro:

Thanks for the advice. I did as you said and was able to remove the bezel. I painted it black and put it back on. Looks good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What did you use to reattach it? How difficult was removal?

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
It went on much easier than it came off. Removal was fairly easy once I put heat to it.
did you adhere it in place when you reinstalled it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did you adhere it in place when you reinstalled it?
No. I was worried that I'd get it half on with some adhesive and then get it stuck in some awkward position. It's very snug. I may go back and put a couple drops of crazy glue on the seam between the bezel and the speedo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts