Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have an 03 TC. The speedo ain't working- I've ordered a new sensor. The CH ENG keeps flashing, would a bad speed sensor cause that? If not, does anyone have suggestions as to why this is happening? Everything seems to be running fine - the voltage is good. I tried disconnecting the negative cable for 5 minutes, that did nothing. I'm new to Victories, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Bugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
0 replies in 4 days, hmmm. Might as well pour lemon juice on my scraped up knees.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My check eng light came on once last year and I cleaned and tightened the bat cables.Not did it since.But my speedo has never quit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My old mans Harley does this same thing when the battery is low but when we put it on the tender over night it runs fine the spedo works and the check engine light does not come on. I know I'm talking about a Harley an it's a completely dif set up but just something to think about

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - My voltage is 12.40 static & 14.16 when running. I'm hoping when I change the speed sensor that code goes away. I also have one driving light that's currently missing, wouldn't think that'd do anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If bike runs ok and plugs look good dont worry about it

·
Registered
223 Posts
With the good numbers on your charging system that can be ruled out. Try tracing from the speed sensor to where it plugs in there has been reports of water getting in the plug and making it have a bad connection. Clean it out and apply some dielectric greese on the plug. Good luck.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I did clean up the connections, no change.
My 99 did that when the battery was weak, turned out the battery dropped to far while starting it. Might change the battery, but my speedometer still was working.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed it

Put the new speed sensor in, So now the speedo works & the Check Engine read out is gone. Now if I can just find another front fender...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Put the new speed sensor in, So now the speedo works & the Check Engine read out is gone. Now if I can just find another front fender...
There are some on eBay right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fender for 03 TC

Yeah I seen em last night. I was all over the country checkin out Craigslist & Ebay. Waitin to hear back from some folks. I was told 99-06 will fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bugs - Where'd you get your speed sensor and do you remember what it cost you ? Was it hard to install ? Any advice is appreciated. My 2002 V92TC Deluxe spedometer/odometer has been broken for a couple years and I'm finally considering fixing it so I can monitor how many miles I'm riding for oil changes, etc.

Any help is appreciated !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was bout $90, it's located right over your drive belt behind the front sprocket. The connection is behind your side cover. I used a 1/4 drive ratchet to remove the mounting bolt, you need a small socket (on the thin side) to get at it. Good luck! Bugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts