Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo digital display is messed up. The far right side of the readout is gone. So now if is supposed to be a 0 it looks like a C - the far right line is not displaying....... anyone else have this prob?

I hope it does not continue to "degrade" or I will bee buying a new speedo.....

Question: If you replace the speedo will it still show current milage? I don't know if the bike computer stores that info or if it is in the speedo itself?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Is this for a Cross Roads?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes a 2010 XR. With 57,000 miles - still like new....except for this.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I've had my LCD items where the screen does exactly what you are describing. Could be bad electronics, moisture, etc. No way to know for sure until it's looked at.

Don't know about the odo thing...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had my LCD items where the screen does exactly what you are describing. Could be bad electronics, moisture, etc. No way to know for sure until it's looked at.

Don't know about the odo thing...
Thanks for the reply. It's not just the odometer, it's the RPM, Voltage, miles, etc. I will live with it for now. Hopefully it won't continue to effect more of the LCD display.

I guess no one here knows if the computer or the speedo itself stores milage. I will look else where for that info.
Thanks again,
Don

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would imagine that your display is the same as mine, although different model bikes. I just had my inst cluster replaced under warranty. The mileage info is NOT stored anywhere and can NOT be reset in the new one. If you replace it, you'll be starting at 0, literally!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would imagine that your display is the same as mine, although different model bikes. I just had my inst cluster replaced under warranty. The mileage info is NOT stored anywhere and can NOT be reset in the new one. If you replace it, you'll be starting at 0, literally!!

Thanks for the info! I will keep my current speedo if the readout does not continue to fail....but was curious if it was storing or just displaying. Not to bad 57,000 miles and this is the only problem I've had with the bike.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
And perhaps soon your bike will have 0 miles :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
There might be one way to adjust the mileage to what the existing speedo says and that is with the Digital Wrench the dealer has.

You could ask KevinX. I would not depend on a local dealer knowing unless they have dealt with this before.

Sadly; anything electrical or mechanical will wear out eventually. Sometimes prematurely like what is happening here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have had mine replaced TWICE on my 2010 XR.....
I asked the dealer whats up with that after the second time and he said just trey to keep the bike out of the weather....:(
I live in hot, rainy FL.....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had mine replaced TWICE on my 2010 XR.....
I asked the dealer whats up with that after the second time and he said just trey to keep the bike out of the weather....:(
I live in hot, rainy FL.....
Interesting....I will start throwing a white towel over it when parked in the sun. And a plastic bag when washing and rain - thanks for the info! What a PITA. Maybe Vic should address this, JK, never happen!

How far did the LED failure go on yours? More than the first right hand line?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Whenever I ride it and stop somewhere, I put my helmet over it...
Shouldn't have to do this sh!t....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had exactly the same the day I went to take delivery of my XR from the Dealer... they had to replace the entire unit as it is sealed from VDO and No, the Mileage is not recoverable, you will need the Dealer to notate the current Mileage in the Owners Manual and on the Victory Dealer System for record purposes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Interesting....I will start throwing a white towel over it when parked in the sun. And a plastic bag when washing and rain - thanks for the info! What a PITA. Maybe Vic should address this, JK, never happen!

How far did the LED failure go on yours? More than the first right hand line?
Mine both times just kept getting worse.
To the point where you couldn't read it.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts