Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: got a 2014 XCT with 700 km's and the multifunction display stopped working / no speedo / no tach / no dash lights. Went on small ride - turned bike off - went into a meeting - came out turned bike on - started - and then above? Everything else works - checked all fuses that I can find - opened headlight / fairing checked all connections nothing? Does anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere else as it appears to be a fuse blown as why would everything for that just stop? thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
rt.jpg as you found out the speedo plugs into the main wire harness which plugs into the ecu. You could disconnect the battery and check the ECU connection. But do not do it unless the power is off!!!!!! Could be a pin on the ECU not making a good connection or a female in the harness. If it is under warranty I would not take the chance of screwing it up with a short...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks: I am leaning towards the complete speedo / dash assembly is un-plugged some how! I will take fairing apart and re-check everything. I downloaded pic's of speedo / dash and it looks like there is a connector at the back of speedo that you cannot just get to easily. I did find at least 3 connectors that were at best not seated properly when I did the HID light conversion! The signals weren't clicked in and a small connector at left side fairing was not even near clicking in - not sure how it was still connected - but it was!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steeler stated is was a fuse, checked all of them. Finally snipped all of the twist ties, pulled all connectors, diaelectric siliconed everything, plugged azll back in -works. Two were not clipped in, one just hanging, my guess is big main connector wasn't right and turning handle bars to full lock on one side was pulling on main connector, I Re-installed ties and made sure when turning handle bars nothing is puling.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
A 2014 is still under warranty. Have the dealer that repairs it tell you what was wrong.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
continueing saga

Well it's going to Dealer on Friday for first service. The electrical I sorted out already, but I got a new thing. The rear heat shield just off of the rear cylinder is rusting or something! All other shields are perfect! This one looks like it had only 1 dip in chrome and the copper underbase is bleeding thru? If you run your hand over it is like sandpaper. Guess they get to order me a new one under Warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts