Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took our 2011 Cross Country in to have 2 inch pull back bars put on and also to have Stage 1 exhaust installed and they did the 5,000 mile service also. The speedometer was right on the money before service but now it is 7-8 MPH faster then what I am going. Can anyone explain to me what would of caused this to happen? I have checked to make to make sure they didn't accidently switch it to KPH.
Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Jerry

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I took our 2011 Cross Country in to have 2 inch pull back bars put on and also to have Stage 1 exhaust installed and they did the 5,000 mile service also. The speedometer was right on the money before service but now it is 7-8 MPH faster then what I am going. Can anyone explain to me what would of caused this to happen? I have checked to make to make sure they didn't accidently switch it to KPH.
Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Jerry
Someone here said that the Stage 1 affects it. I haven't seen a reason why yet, but I can tell you my XR with Stage 1 is off a similar amount to yours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Someone here said that the Stage 1 affects it. I haven't seen a reason why yet, but I can tell you my XR with Stage 1 is off a similar amount to yours.
Try having the dealer remove the stage 1 calibration. And test ride to see if this fixes it. These speedos are computer controlled I believe and if it's a stage 1 calibration issue in the programming just get pcv or other fuel controller instead of the download. Just take a short ride and verify whether it's fixed or not. You won't harm anything aslong as you don't run it for an extended period of time with it being to lean. Shout only take a few minutes to figure out whether not this would fix it. Good luck hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the tips

My 2011 Cross Roads is showing 6 miles faster that I am going. The dealer did a test with the RPMs and something else and said it was fine, I told them to take it on a road test. I"l let them know about the Stage 1 Calibration when they call. I have been trying to contact a disctrict rep for Victory for close to a year now, every time I call in They say they don"t have that info. Frustrating to say the least. I think Victroy is turning into Harley Davidson! Thanks Again, AL

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So, is it something the dealer did wrong or do I just have a quirk in the bike and have to live with a speedo not accurate as long as I keep the stage 1 on the bike? Guess I will call the dealer and maybe they will talk to the rep about it, since it is Victory parts. Thanks for the help guys, just kind of at a loss about this

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the Stage 1... speedo is within 1-2mph of the GPS up to 70mph. After that it gets a bit optimistic.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Try having the dealer remove the stage 1 calibration. And test ride to see if this fixes it. These speedos are computer controlled I believe and if it's a stage 1 calibration issue in the programming just get pcv or other fuel controller instead of the download. Just take a short ride and verify whether it's fixed or not. You won't harm anything aslong as you don't run it for an extended period of time with it being to lean. Shout only take a few minutes to figure out whether not this would fix it. Good luck hope you get it figured out.
Doesn't really bother me enough to fool with it. I ride like I ride and slow down when I see police. :D

Just noting that from my observation on this forum, the members without the Stage 1 mod seem to have accurate speedos and those of us with it don't. So whoever said it has something to do with that mod appears to be right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thinking about getting the pull back bars for my CR...wonder if the dealer had to change any cables out...as the victory website say.... also, how tough would this if for the average DIY guy... have have done alot of the little stuff my self.... Exhaust mod, change oil...etc also Kewl metal makes some risers for the existing bars....anybody use these ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking about getting the pull back bars for my CR...wonder if the dealer had to change any cables out...as the victory website say.... also, how tough would this if for the average DIY guy... have have done alot of the little stuff my self.... Exhaust mod, change oil...etc also Kewl metal makes some risers for the existing bars....anybody use these ?
I think the dealer had to get and extension for the brake lines but that was it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello, your question is a little off topic for this thread. You may have better luck help if you start another thread with your topic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts