Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a daytona digital speedo for bike and cant get any wiring diagram info for 2010 Vegas,got the necessary wiring info from daytona and only got sparse electrical diagram for 2011 models which shows the multi pin plug from speedo has 2 pins named " speedometer can high" and "speedometer can low",does anyone know what they relate too,I thought these bikes had a feed for tacho cos my last vegas fitted with victory digital speedo had tach built in.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thinking of getting a daytona digital speedo for bike and cant get any wiring diagram info for 2010 Vegas,got the necessary wiring info from daytona and only got sparse electrical diagram for 2011 models which shows the multi pin plug from speedo has 2 pins named " speedometer can high" and "speedometer can low",does anyone know what they relate too,I thought these bikes had a feed for tacho cos my last vegas fitted with victory digital speedo had tach built in.
Can High and Can low refer to a canbus connection. It's a serial communications protocol used in a lot of cars and bikes these days. Unfortunately for the purposes of adding an aftermarket speedo you're SOL if you're hoping to tap into the existing speedo signal. Looks like Daytona does offer a magnet type pickup as an optional accessory. You're probably going to have to get that as well unless you are able to tap directly into the output from the sensor rather than up at the dash.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Never wear it in public!!!!!:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can High and Can low refer to a canbus connection. It's a serial communications protocol used in a lot of cars and bikes these days. Unfortunately for the purposes of adding an aftermarket speedo you're SOL if you're hoping to tap into the existing speedo signal. Looks like Daytona does offer a magnet type pickup as an optional accessory. You're probably going to have to get that as well unless you are able to tap directly into the output from the sensor rather than up at the dash.
This is the problem,I dont have a 2010 diagram and have no idea if the models are different.

·
Registered
329 Posts

I had the same misconception. While Daytona might not work, this most certainly does.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=121433

1 - 5 of 5 Posts