Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read about the speedo unlock that exposes the 7 additional features like the additional trip, voltage, mpg's etc. I was at my dealer yesterday and inquired about buying the flash and they said they can't do it anymore because it's NLA from victory. Supposedly the p/n is 2878478. Is this true? Has anyone found a workaround? I'm loving my hardball, but I'd like the additional bells and whistles. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
13,295 Posts
That's too bad. I think they should make them available till at least 2027 when they supposedly stop providing parts. Sounds like a lot of parts are no longer available now though so aftermarket or salvage yard are the options unless someone is selling something they've been hanging on to.

I don't get this one though. There is no manufactured part to produce; just a software upgrade or software key. It cost them nothing to do.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Pffffffff sad to see polanus is still trying to screw us ... They do not like the fact we love victory ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It would seem to me any Vic dealer that still has the "Victory Wrench" software could do it. I didn't think it was worth the cost plus the $85 in labor so I never did it. You can have the ambient temp without the upgrade though. You just have to buy the Polaris ambient temp sensor and it just plugs into an empty spot in the head light bucket. I can't remember the part number but just do a search on here for ambient temperature and you should come across it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think this is just a computer flash but like the tri-ovals it is a code on a card that they had to enter into the digital wrench software to perform the upgrade on the bike. This prevents dealers from upgrading any bike they want.

·
Premium Member
13,295 Posts
It would seem to me any Vic dealer that still has the "Victory Wrench" software could do it. I didn't think it was worth the cost plus the $85 in labor so I never did it. You can have the ambient temp without the upgrade though. You just have to buy the Polaris ambient temp sensor and it just plugs into an empty spot in the head light bucket. I can't remember the part number but just do a search on here for ambient temperature and you should come across it.
The way it works as I understand it is a Vic dealership with their 'Digital Wrench' plugged in to the bike sends a request to some central Polaris server with a confirmation of the upgrade being paid for. Then the server sends a specific key code which is entered into the Digital Wrench which then unlocks the speedo to show the other options.

Everything is already on the bike, software wise, the key allows it to be used. Maybe I'm wrong but this is the way it was explained before.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
NO, at least not the one in my neck of the woods. I was going to order a set of tri-ovals last year and stopped by to see if they could do the S1 flash. The head mechanic said that Polaris would not allow that since they officially dropped Victory when Polaris shut it down and signed what ever paper work that is involved with that. You will have to find a dealership that is still a "Victory" dealer. They are still out there, just go to Victory's website and search for a dealer on there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
PN 2878478 is the ambient temp sensor. If you can find a place that can do the flash you would have access to everything except temp display.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Tnxr which dealer did u check on
I talked to the Indian dealership in Bristol VA who also sold Vics before their demise. The head mechanic is a cool guy who owns several Victorys and knows his way around them but couldn't do any more "digital wrench" stuff. The same thing at the dealer in Elizabethton who couldn't help me either. I contacted my selling dealer in Wytheville VA who can still do it as well as Mountain Motorsports in Kodak (Sevierville exit).

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This is one of those things that sucks big on bikes. All this computer controlled stuf and each one is a different animal and control device. At least on cars you have OBD 2 and many manufactures that make machines to allow access. While you cant reprogram PCMs you can at least go in and access GEM modules etc and get readout and reprogram those types of things. I have seen work around digital wrench connectors on e-bay but the fellow has no guarantee they will work on the Vic bikes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts