Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 Vegas 8 ball
I'm wanting to upgrade my speedometer. I would like a tach and gear indicator. I really am not interested in the digital ones offered by Dakota. I like the speedometer on the high ball. Other Vic probably have one similar, but I have seen that one in person and know it has the info I want. If there are others similar let me know. Back on the subject, what would I need to do to make that speedo or one similar work? Is it possible? I might be wrong but it looks like the high ball part # for its speedo is 3280541.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's an interesting idea, but it depends on what the new speedo is looking for, to make it happy. It now displays trouble codes, which suggests there may be some sort of bus (CAN Bus?) connection to the ECM, which just wasn't there previously.

I went looking for a wiring diagram for a 2011 or newer to see what the connections are, but so far, no luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Two things I'd want to know to start... How many connectors on it (how many pins each) and can you get a shot of the wiring diagram.

I'd like to make one work on my Kingpin as well, but I'm not going to cough up the coin for one if I think it's pointless. (I do electronics for a living, so I have half a shot at actually making it work.)

(Failing a wiring diagram, wire colors might help.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts