Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my eyes arent what they were but I am having great difficulty making out the speedo numbers in the dark,if anyone else has had this problem and overcome it I would be interested to hear the outcome.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
goon, I'm no riding in the dark expert (or any kind of riding expert), but the other night I've noticed the same thing. However, I was wearing yellow goggles, which optically block a lot of blue light by their nature. My gauge lights and numbers happen to be blue. Were you wearing yellow lenses?

·
13,262 Posts
goon

What kinda bike do you have? Why don't you guys give details when you do a post.
Get a flashlight and glass's :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
goon

What kinda bike do you have? Why don't you guys give details when you do a post.
Get a flashlight and glass's :rolleyes:
It's always a good idea to put the year and model of your bike(s) in your signature. That way you never have to mention what you ride, and nobody reading your question has to wonder what bike you're talking about.

If your excuse is that you don't know how, please click User CP link in the top menu, then on the next page, on the left hand side, click the "Edit Signature" link, within the Settings and Options group. ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2010 vegas 8ball with white speedo face

·
13,262 Posts
What Crossroads said thumb up

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I'm bugged by the blue lighting in the speedo too. Any cures?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
black numbers would help instead of red,its a strange design wonder if the older models suffer from this too.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I'm bugged by the blue lighting in the speedo too. Any cures?
Would be funny if colors can be changed once you unlock that feature for another $50. :ltr: Uh, I guess I'm still sour from paying $50 to unlock my instrument cluster. :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would be funny if colors can be changed once you unlock that feature for another $50. :ltr: Uh, I guess I'm still sour from paying $50 to unlock my instrument cluster. :(
Unlock instrument cluster,whats all that about then?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Unlock instrument cluster,whats all that about then?
The 2011 instrument clusters (on all bikes except Vision and XC) come with more information than previous years (see list below) , but they also come locked. To unlock, you have to pay the dealer a $50 fee. Since you have a 2010 bike, you didn't have to deal with this not so morally right feature.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
This is different, the Victory guys do not like the blue cluster lighting.
The HD guys are spending good $$$ to get the blue cluster lighting.
Go figure

Oh I like the blue lighting and it all matches instead of 2 colors

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
There's a visor that Victory sells that might be of some use. FWIW I had the same problem with my 09 Jackpot. Very hard to see the numbers at night.

I was going to go with one of the Dakota Digital gauges before I decided to trade it in on my current ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts