·
13,263 Posts
just guessing
Switch, Reset, Speedometer button

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure. I'll give it a look after work. It's just very noticeable there is a hole there. So I figured something should be there

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yep. Speedo reset.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Ok so should one be there or is it an option?
Should be there somewhere.
See the single speedo mount under it?
Its got hole too.
When I fitted the tach kit to mine I moved the reset over from single bracket to the double bracket that came with my tach it.
Dunno if your bike came stock with a tach or without.
Theres no reset switch for speedo odometer floating around the vicinity?
My bikes not back yet so I cant look and lead you to it.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
I installed a tach on my KP years ago. I only remember having to relocate the button; not how I did it. Maybe I still have the instructions out in the garage somewhere. I'll look when I get a chance. If so; you will still need to find a plug to fill the hole in the speedo. Black tape will do temporarily.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea shouldn't be too hard to make something. If you find thoes instructions I would like to see them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Sorry. I must have tossed the instructions. I don't see them in my pile of saved instruction papers. You might call and talk to the service dept at a Victory dealer to see if anyone remembers installing one and how they relocated that button. It may be as simple as removing the back cover and button then installing the button in the right place then put the cover back on with a grommet in the hole for the wire. Sometimes ya just have to get in there and start taking stuff apart to see what you can do.

I can tell you on my speedo I can feel a bit square hole with wires coming out that is exposed to the elements so maybe you don''t have to do anything more than relocate the button then put the back cover back on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all good. I appreciate you even looking. I figure it can't be that hard. On a side note my heal toe shifter is pretty loose. I'll have to check if I can tighten it up. But from what I remember it's not a screw you can just tighten.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm guessing that's what I need. There is play on each side of the shifter and with no way to tighten it a bushing is the only option.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Well stripped it all down and noticed this lever on the end of the grip. What is it for?
Sort of a poor mans cruise control.
Youll find out when you ride it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts