Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 UK spec (106/6 speed) Vegas 8-ball with tach kit installed.

Speedo stopped working and getting a noticable burble and pop on deceleration (more than the 'normal' amount).

One time the speedo worked for duration that ignition was turned on and the burble/pop stopped. After that it did not work again and the burble was back.

Checked all connections in headlight. Speedo lights up and odometer is showing a number but it does not change.

Checked the sensor on the back of crankcase. No corrosion and it looks fine, bathed in oil internally. Sprayed plug with contact cleaner.. no help.

Any ideas what else it could be people?

A local motorcycle garage is going to buy a plug for the computer reader (I have to pay half of the cost), but still easier than my local dealer, who is two hours away and cannot check the bike until well in to August :mad:

Any advice would be welcome. The combination of the two issues together is so weird!

Thanks!

J.

·
13,177 Posts
unhook the speedo all together and see if the pop goes away.
The speed-o should have nothing to do with the pop

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Battery connections or bad ground.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Been a while, lemme see if I remember correctly on Vegas. Last one I worked on the grounds were lower front portion of engine and behind battery box. Check voltage regulator as well as failing regulators or bad connections at it give same symptoms.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I think if your local garage tries to plug into the Victorys computer system it could create damage ??...Only dealers with digital wrench can plug into your bike...........I think...right or wrong please???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts