Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was on the dyno last year, on one of my runs my speedometer needle must have broke or somethin and now reads -35mph. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I need to buy another speedo?

·
13,318 Posts
go to dealer have them hook up to there computer
or maybe ebay

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i've gone to the dealer and talked to them about it. They hooked up to it and just told me I had to buy another $300+ speedo for it. Lol. They didn't act like they knew much about it.... except "buy a new one.... we'll sell it to u" lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I officially know how to fix this. Lol. Thanks to my awesome diy skills and stubbornness as a mechanic to fix things instead of buying another over priced peice from the dealer... I think I fixed it. Albeit it was difficult. The bezel snaps on but is also glued, if u don't take ur time prying it off u will break it. The clear plastic cover is also glued in and u will have to pretty much carefully break off the outter part that is glued (when the bezel goes back on it covers the broke sides). Once I got access to the needle, I turn it counter clockwise back to zero. So far so good. What a pain. It shouldn't be that difficult. Lol. If I wind up getting another teach i'd like to upgrade to something better. Something that gives me a more acurate rpm reading. So if someone knows of some products out there give me a shout

·
Registered
2 Posts
I officially know how to fix this. Lol. Thanks to my awesome diy skills and stubbornness as a mechanic to fix things instead of buying another over priced peice from the dealer... I think I fixed it. Albeit it was difficult. The bezel snaps on but is also glued, if u don't take ur time prying it off u will break it. The clear plastic cover is also glued in and u will have to pretty much carefully break off the outter part that is glued (when the bezel goes back on it covers the broke sides). Once I got access to the needle, I turn it counter clockwise back to zero. So far so good. What a pain. It shouldn't be that difficult. Lol. If I wind up getting another teach i'd like to upgrade to something better. Something that gives me a more acurate rpm reading. So if someone knows of some products out there give me a shout
Use a magnet! That's what I did!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts