Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 cross roads that I would like to get the reflash to the speedo done. The dealer said there is a note that you need an outdoor air temp sensor. Does anyone know if you have to get this, or can you have it done without the sensor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am getting mine done on the 3rd of July, so I won't know for sure until then, but there was no mention of that when I inquired on the reflash, but I guess if there is they may break it to me then. If there is I would be curious what it entails and how it hooks up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What did the dealer quote you as a price for the flash?...and, you might do some prior checking on the temp sensor, so you have an idea what it should cost you, if it IS available as an after market item. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was told just under 50$ with no mention of anything else needed. I will be bringing the bike in for break in service and they said it'll only take a few minutes to install.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Speedo flash

From what I've seen, that sounds about right, but, it does say...

"DESCRIPTION

Expand the information provided by your instrumentation. An authorized Victory dealer must perform a refresh to unlock these features: second trip meter, tachometer in the LCD, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, trip time, volt meter, ambient air temperature (Air Temp feature requres external sensor PN: 2875949, sold seperately)". :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reflash was right at 50 bucks I remember, not sure on the sensor. The 2010 has a different digital section than the newer ones. I'm wondering what all I will get. Also with the sensor I have the fairing on mine and with the wiring for the radio it takes a little time to get in the headlight. Not that I don't want to pay them, but I can do it myself later, like next time its apart.
I don't really NEED the outdoor temp, since I'm sitting on the bike, outside.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've seen, that sounds about right, but, it does say...

"DESCRIPTION

Expand the information provided by your instrumentation. An authorized Victory dealer must perform a refresh to unlock these features: second trip meter, tachometer in the LCD, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, trip time, volt meter, ambient air temperature (Air Temp feature requres external sensor PN: 2875949, sold seperately)". :)
I have all that but the air temp and fuel economy already. I guess I don't really need it for just the mpg info, don't really care.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
my dealer did the flash for free when i bought the bike.
i think the sensor is around 50.

·
13,231 Posts
You could do the flash and not buy the temp sensor. You just would know how hot it was.
p/n 2410443 Sensor, Gauge, Air Temp $37.30
To get the most accurate temp you want it out side the faring. On my vision I found it and pulled it out of faring and zip tied it down in the open air. I checked it with five smart phones and I was right on. Its fun to see that 90% of bank clocks are off and when you get caught in the rain you can see how the temp drops.
This is a photo of what mine look like

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 2010 cross roads that I would like to get the reflash to the speedo done. The dealer said there is a note that you need an outdoor air temp sensor. Does anyone know if you have to get this, or can you have it done without the sensor?

Thanks!
On my KP and Gunner the outside air temp was optional.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can my 15 Gunner be updated to give me the additional information and does it have a plug for the temp sensor ?
I have the speedo flash update on my Gunner. I don't know for sure if it supports the optional temp sensor, but I would assume it does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts