Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Waiting for all the "Real bikers don't watch this show!" comments. I guess I'm not a real biker, because I liked SOA* and I'll probably watch this.

*Disclaimer: Just because I liked the show doesn't mean I believe it's an accurate depiction of biker life.

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Deputy Dog and Under Dog, I loved those shows as well.

SOA started out OK, got a bit boring in the middle and then the last few seasons was mostly just kill fest. Every time I saw Kurt Sutter interviewed after the shows he seemed like he was high and/or drunk. That kind of made the last few seasons understandable.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Soap Opera with motorcycles but never tired of watching Katey Sagal... I'm a patch holder of the Son's of Arthritis

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Soap Opera with motorcycles but never tired of watching Katey Sagal... I'm a patch holder of the Son's of Arthritis
Piss and Moan Chapter? :devil Me too.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Is FX cable, satellite? Don't have ether.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would rather see a remake of Then Came Bronson. Seems none of these writers can come up with original stuff any more. Everything is a remake of something airing. Home improvement shows, game shows from the 60's. I watched SOA at first, then I guess I thought it got to unbelievable or something. I did see a few of the last episodes and now that someone else mentioned it, it was like call of duty episodes or something.

·
Registered
17 XCT
41 Posts
As long as the lead character, or any character for that matter, doesn't look linke a wannabe surfer who wears tennis shoes, sparkly white ones I might add, while he's riding and sways his arms like a grandfather clock when he's angry.... I'll watch it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Apparently lots of people watch it, (or at least that's what the broadcasters are telling the advertisers) so these slop shows are paying someones bills. Hey, if Jerry Springer and the Kardashian's can make a zillion dollars, anyone can.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd laugh my ass off if they tossed in about 50% Vics with the HD's on the show. Just as a huge FU to Polaris. Maybe make them think about bringing them back.

I like how the show began but it got goofy. Not very realistic for one. Pretty corny in other aspects. Not sure how well the new one will be, spinoffs mostly try too hard to be as good as the original and fail. I'll check it out and if it smells cheaper than the original meh...that's what DVR is for.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd laugh my ass off if they tossed in about 50% Vics with the HD's on the show. Just as a huge FU to Polaris. Maybe make them think about bringing them back.

I like how the show began but it got goofy. Not very realistic for one. Pretty corny in other aspects. Not sure how well the new one will be, spinoffs mostly try too hard to be as good as the original and fail. I'll check it out and if it smells cheaper than the original meh...that's what DVR is for.
Well if you have a brother sleeping with a transvestite, I don't think they should rule out any American made motorcycle. We should sue for discrimination if they do. wac

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well if you have a brother sleeping with a transvestite, I don't think they should rule out any American made motorcycle. We should sue for discrimination if they do. wac
Ah jeeez, I forgot about that. Must have been my survival instincts shutting the images out! That one flipped me for sure. Like I said, the show got goofy after awhile. But you make a good point!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Like most shows (biker related or not) it started out pretty good but got bad as time went on. I recently dropped cable so I guess I won't be watching anything that's not OTA.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My wife recently decided to re-watch it from end to end. Like the first time I enjoyed the first season or so a LOT more than the latter ones. Still gotta say.. that last 3 episodes still got to me. When he puts on his dads' boots.. gets on his dad's old panhead and takes off from where his dad died...<sniff>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts