Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I used the search but did not find anything on this.

I have a 2012 Zach Ness Vegas, love it! I found a set of 2003 Vegas spoke wheels and would like to know if they will fit my 2012? They are the same rim sizes, but I don't know if they hubs will take my pulley and rotors or if the axles will work.

Has anyone here put older spoked wheels on a newer bike that came with cast rims?

If they will fit, I am planning to have the rims, hubs and spokes powder coated black. I think it would add an nice element of style to the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Is your Vegas a Go Pony or a Show Pony? I only ask because fixing a flat is a fairly quick and easy repair with cast wheels. Not so much with spokes and a tube.

Others who know a lot more about the Victory steel framed bikes should be along soon to address your original question about fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your Vegas a Go Pony or a Show Pony? I only ask because fixing a flat is a fairly quick and easy repair with cast wheels. Not so much with spokes and a tube.

Others who know a lot more about the Victory steel framed bikes should be along soon to address your original question about fit.
Thanks Mark! I ride my Victory on the street and it is not a show bike. That said, I keep it as a weekender and the occasional Friday bike. I commute on my Super Tenere, and canyon carve on my FZ-10. The Vegas is my low and slow bike for those days on curvy back roads when I actually want to see the scenery.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Thanks Mark! I ride my Victory on the street and it is not a show bike. That said, I keep it as a weekender and the occasional Friday bike. I commute on my Super Tenere, and canyon carve on my FZ-10. The Vegas is my low and slow bike for those days on curvy back roads when I actually want to see the scenery.
You sir, have a nice fleet. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
I like the traditional look of spokes but get a puncture and have to push a bike with a flat tyre is no fun, so its fortunate that I like cast wheels as well.
as far as fit goes..I dont know...youll need to do some measuring and comparisons.
Ive swapped various Victory components from other models and years and find the interchangability good so far.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I was sooooo happy to get away from tubes and spokes. I hate to clean them buggers. But if you like um I hope you get the info you need.

·
13,002 Posts
Make sure you check each spoke. There have been cases where there loose or even broken

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not 100% sure, but think they will. I replaced my 03 Vegas spoke wheels with some off an 07. The only thing I had to do, was drill the holes bigger in my sprocket. The 03 used a slightly smaller stud for the sprocket. I still have those spoke wheels. Have been thinking about selling them one of these days....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not 100% sure, but think they will. I replaced my 03 Vegas spoke wheels with some off an 07. The only thing I had to do, was drill the holes bigger in my sprocket. The 03 used a slightly smaller stud for the sprocket. I still have those spoke wheels. Have been thinking about selling them one of these days....
Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Who Me ? :ltr: Idk But that Nostalgia belongs in the past IMO...on those slow bikes. I used to love my spokes on my Harley. I know how to spoke and true a wheel. I used to dream of getting a 80 spoke wheel and all that. Those days are over for me. On my Buell I have been riding on Performance Machine High Polished Alum Wheels. They look like chrome and thats where its at for me.

Knowing what I know about factory slightly bent alum wheels, you can already be afraid of them too. http://www.framestraightsystem.com/ This place can make a factory rim straight and true. Worth it to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts