Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine asked where we are going to go for a ride this weekend. I said the weather was gonna be rainy and crappy so let's go to the hills. I said it completely joking, but he replied, let's throw the bikes in the trailer and leave Friday after work. And I thought about it and said why not it's only 500 miles to get there.. I never trailer my bike anywhere but this time we were limited on time.
Well it just so happens that his daughter and my daughter are best friends. So I asked him what he thought about bringing his daughter with and I'll bring mine. He thought it was a great idea. So I ran it by my wife and she was nervous but thought it would be a memorable Daddy Daughter weekend, so she went a long with it. Needless to say it was an unbelievable day in the hills. Unfortunately we could only spend just Saturday riding and left right away this morning (Sunday) to get back home..
We stayed in Whitewood. So Saturday morning we got the girls up and rode to spearfish for breakfast at Perkins. Then headed down through spearfish canyon, took 385 down to 244 to go to MT Rushmore. Then iron mountain to Custer loop, back up through needles, a stop in Deadwood then back to Whitewood. That's the third time this year I've been to the hills and just don't get sick of it..

I know some of you are gonna hate on me for bringing such precious cargo on those roads. But you can spare me cause I give a $#it what you think.

Sent from my bike doing 80mph

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great pics. I used to take my Daughter with all the time. Now she has kids of her own she made the decision not to ride anymore, which really saddened me. But she lost a few friends over the past couple years and I understand that. Sad too because her daughters want to ride with me and that won't happen.

I really miss those days. Glad it worked out for you both! I think thats great.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
That is awesome! Get that time while you can. They grow up way too fast!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics. I used to take my Daughter with all the time. Now she has kids of her own she made the decision not to ride anymore, which really saddened me. But she lost a few friends over the past couple years and I understand that. Sad too because her daughters want to ride with me and that won't happen.

I really miss those days. Glad it worked out for you both! I think thats great.
I miss those days already and it was just Saturday.. I wanted to try give her a unique adventure this summer that none of her classmates did on their Summer vacations. And something that will stick with her forever. Family vacations come and go but a real motorcycle trip with Dad will last a lifetime.. I'm hoping it worked..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well done!

I have three daughters and I've done trips of varying lengths with all of them. The wife is not crazy about it but she understands the risks vs. the rewards.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done!

I have three daughters and I've done trips of varying lengths with all of them. The wife is not crazy about it but she understands the risks vs. the rewards.
Thanks.. My wife said the same thing. I have another daughter that'll have to wait a couple years but I'll take on an adventure of some sort. Just can't quite reach the foot pegs yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks.. My wife said the same thing. I have another daughter that'll have to wait a couple years but I'll take on an adventure of some sort. Just can't quite reach the foot pegs yet.
My fear when my girls were younger was that they'd fall asleep and fall off the bike. I bought a pair of the Sena headsets so that I could make sure they were okay every so often. They'd get so relaxed on the back that they'd start to nod-off. My youngest is almost 12 and I still owe her a bigger trip like I did with her sisters.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My fear when my girls were younger was that they'd fall asleep and fall off the bike. I bought a pair of the Sena headsets so that I could make sure they were okay every so often. They'd get so relaxed on the back that they'd start to nod-off. My youngest is almost 12 and I still owe her a bigger trip like I did with her sisters.
Funny should say that. We have a very strict set of rules that can't violated. She cannot fall asleep, has to wear jeans and a helmet, and also has to at least keep one hand on me at all times so I can at least try to keep tabs on what she might be doing back there. Falling asleep is kinda unavoidable but I can kinda tell if her hand is getting weak or falling off. If that makes sense..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Funny should say that. We have a very strict set of rules that can't violated. She cannot fall asleep, has to wear jeans and a helmet, and also has to at least keep one hand on me at all times so I can at least try to keep tabs on what she might be doing back there. Falling asleep is kinda unavoidable but I can kinda tell if her hand is getting weak or falling off. If that makes sense..
Our rules are boots that tie and cover the ankle, heavy jeans, long sleeve shirt at a minimum but preferably at least a soft-shell jacket and helmet. They never complain, even when it's hot outside. They also know to tell me when they get sleepy so we can take a break.

My kids could all get away with wearing the same size jacket (kind of) so I've been thinking about getting one of these for protection:

https://store.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/apparel/womens-apparel/riding-jackets/2863738/

https://store.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/apparel/womens-apparel/riding-jackets/2863737/

https://store.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/apparel/womens-apparel/riding-jackets/2865221/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hate you hell I think it's fantastic especially the girls at that age
They'll never forget it! Nor will you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts