Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Vegas 8 ball on the ARMY b'day since I received a 1000 off for being a veteran. Prior to my Victory Vegas I owned a HD bobber 1200 and rode sport bikes for about 10 years. I love my Vegas! The only issues I've had is riding with my coworkers and their Harleys is having to short shift and brake constantly because they are so slow. Oh and not rubbing it in whenever we stop and a crowd gathers around my Vegas and ignores the Harleys. Any riders in Roanoke VA?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas and a sport bike/HD convert as well. I've owned several HD's and my last bike was a BMW K1200RS. The KRS was sweet, but I just counld't get used to the forward position eventhough it was more upright than most sport cruisers. I do miss the speed though.......which I knew would get me in trouble sooner or later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had all Suzuki GXSR bikes and TL1000Rs. Love hitting the mountain roads here in SW VA. Got back from Iraq in 08 and put my RC51 through a guardrail at 70. Took a break from riding for 2 years.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the 8B, and thank you for your Service!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ha mine was done 3 years ago! Unfortunately I'm still paying for it with aches and pains...

What is/was your occupation?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thank you for your service

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
welcome to the forum, I too just converted from riding a CBR1100xx. The Victory is totally different, but fits my near retirement age better. I've had several Harley riders comment on how nice it looks. I too have to slow down for them :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks bro! You too.

Diveroger that's awesome! Did you do the stage 1 kit? I did the swept stage 1 and k&n filter with new box lid and remapped ECU. I have the same bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another Sport Bike Convert

Hello all,
I have been a lifetime sportbike rider. Started on a 600cc and currently own a 1000cc. I have been wanting a cruiser for a few years and just couldn't bring myself to trade a sportbike for a cruiser. I ride with a couple Victory owners (not sure if they are members here or not) so I know how awersome the bikes are.
I am in the process of buying a 2011 Hammer S, I should finalize the deal tomorrow. Keeping my sportbike till I get tired of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts