Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ricz, did you get a chance to attend their rally? If so, what did you think?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey Ricz, did you get a chance to attend their rally? If so, what did you think?
The Rally in the Gorge is not your typical bike show, light show, let's dress like a pirate and get drunk and do burnouts kinda event. It's for serious sport bike, sport-tourer, dirt and adventure bike riders. But you already know that Saddle as I think you said you did this once.
I was a square peg there with the only bagger cruiser, but these guys and gals are so classy everyone cheered me on. All the paved routes (obviously I can't speak for the dirty ones) were selected for their high turn per mile quotient and I never worked the bars more in my life and I have been to the Alps!
Their schedule is so full of rides, seminars, clinics, talks and more that one can not do it all.
I was impressed that very few attended the beer garden and did so just to socialize over one or two cool ones. It didn't tempt me cuz they didn't have a dark. Beer has to be a different color going in than coming out or I get confused...have I already processed this or not??
The highlight was the Maryhill Loops Road--look that one up. Would I do that rally again? The jury is still out on that. Its only 50 miles from my front door, the event is very well organized, the camping is free, bikes are parked indoors and the people who attend are my kind of rider; serious, ATGATT and civil. All that would have me returning. But while working the bars on those relentless twisties, I was reminded that I ain't no spring chicken and I really prefer sweepers with an occasional stretch of twisties over miles and miles of twisties.
Oh yeah, Ricky liked it. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Some photos taken at the rally.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a square peg there with the only bagger cruiser, but these guys and gals are so classy everyone cheered me on. All the paved routes (obviously I can't speak for the dirty ones) were selected for their high turn per mile quotient and I never worked the bars more in my life and I have been to the Alps!
Their schedule is so full of rides, seminars, clinics, talks and more that one can not do it all.
Awesome! Glad you had fun. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ric , you got one nice lookin horse there! thumb up

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds like my kind of rally versus the Lil do-rag, chaps and fingerless nose picker gloves in 95 degrees, black Pirate trailer jamboree.. Been there and done that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts