Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried that Victory spray wax, if so is it any good with a reasonable price? I like the Honda spray wax I used on my Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Honda spray wax cleaner is excellent, lemon pledge for quick dust clean up..

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Mike I use Ez Detailer, it is great and comes in a 20 oz can. The only problem is that you can only order a minimun of 6 cans at a time, so you are looking at about $60+ shipping. Here is a link that you can get 4 cans [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041I1II0/ref=asc_df_B0041I1II01926101?smid=A207N3CB1JPGYS&tag=nextagusmp0399891-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B0041I1II0[/ame]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Once in a while I use a good paste wax, but I recently switched to the ice spray detailer and won't go back. I tried the Mcguires spray detailer, but the spray head trigger broke on two bottles in a row, so I switched.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
there are a lot of good detailers and i also use protectall
spray wax and mequiars gold class and nxt.protectall is
good on bug removal too.--irv

friend of mine thinks bug slide is the best detailer.
sold by H D dealers or online.

·
13,263 Posts
I have used all kinds of different spray detailer. What you want and have to read the features "anti Staci" that way there is less dust clinging to the paint.
I use Racer Glaze on every thing floor board rubbers windshield paint motor. You can buy it at a lot of place and there in Wi. Not some foreign country product. I even had a bottle that wouldn't seal it drip so I wrote then and they sent me a full new bottle for free.

http://raceglaze.net/

Second best thing to use is California duster. Its quick and the dirty it gets the better it works.
http://www.superiorcarcare.net/micprod.html

Of coarse microfiber towels and never use fabric softener when drying them

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is almost like asking which oil to use :rolleyes:
I second the Lucas as well and Wizards mist n' shine...makes the sunset red pop really well. I do use an actual wax before winter storage though, preferring Mother's synthetic.

I have heard Victory's stuff is good, but agree where you can find just as good if not better cheaper.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mothers and Meguiars spray seem to work but I'm looking for something to clean the whole bike without using water, not just shining my paint

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ill 2nd or is it 3rd... on the pledge, i had never tried it before some one here recommended it....all i can say is....im done washing and waxing my bike, and it looks phenomenal!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used the "Pure Victory" spray wax, the spray detailer, the bike wash concentrate, and the windshield/chrome/paint polish. All of them work great for me.

I like the detailer more than anything, because I can go out and ride all day, get caught in the rain, then after the bike is dry, use the spray detailer and wash my bike in a hurry to get it shiny and back on the road quick (of course as long as there is no real "grit" in the road grime).

The Paint/Chrome/Windshield polish is the best thing I've used (so far) on the windshield for repelling rain. It works pretty much as well as rain-x on a car windshield and I am quite pleased with it.... So much in fact that I polished my wife and my own full face helmet shields to do the same withe the rain water... I hate riding in the rain just because of vision issues.... not so much the fact of getting wet, because up until now, I couldn't see squat going down the road... Now, with the polish (which is very similar to Meguire's Mirror Glaze #26 wax but with a different consistency and buffs off much, much easier), I can actually see where I'm going.

I have ordered from Pure Victory Polishes twice and both times they have sent me a free "micro fiber" polishing cloth, that doesn't scratch the paint or lexan windshield. I'm happy with them...

Just thought I'd give you my input on it since no one has posted on it.

Haven't heard the pledge thing yet though.... I may give that a try.... How does the pledge work on chrome?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haven't heard the pledge thing yet though.... I may give that a try.... How does the pledge work on chrome?
I use Pledge on everything, including the chrome and windshield. It's quick and seems to work well ... haven't had any problems with using it yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What kind of pledge? I have seen a few posts about it but it seems strange to me. That said it does make furniture shiny and dust repellent, just never thought about it for paint. Are you using Multi surface in the blue bottle or good ol' lemon fresh?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts