Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your AMSOIL Factory Connection Dealer Group is your newest forum sponsor. Most of you are already familiar with our product line, especially our motorcycle products, and may already be using them in your bikes and other vehicles. The participating AMSOIL dealers making up this group are offering special discounts for forum members so if you decide to use AMSOIL products check with them before purchasing locally or on line as our prices are the same no matter where you live in the USA or Canada.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much for enough to do a change on an 06 8 ball?
Nathan, Because Victory changed oil filters from 2005 to 2006 and there may be engines that crossed over, I would prefer a Victory Part # to give you a proper qt.

I will PM you a price on 5 qts of MCF 10W-40 and to '06-'08 filter.

Bob

·
12,983 Posts
I use Amsoil and like it BUT this is BS that he will send you a price
Whats there different price cause where we live or what model bike we have.

Stand up and tell us what the prices is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use Amsoil and like it BUT this is BS that he will send you a price
Whats there different price cause where we live or what model bike we have.

Stand up and tell us what the prices is.

No BS... You just don't understand. You can't even go to a Dealers website and it list prices as corporate policy does not allow it. That means even if it is full Retail or above. Just policy.

Policy will not even allow me to say that I sell at a discount.

Policy will allow me to say "Contact us for Forum Member Pricing."

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
No BS... You just don't understand. You can't even go to a Dealers website and it list prices as corporate policy does not allow it. That means even if it is full Retail or above. Just policy.

Policy will not even allow me to say that I sell at a discount.

Policy will allow me to say "Contact us for Forum Member Pricing."

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob
Translated: it's too expensive so corporate won't allow us to post the price where all can see. They're worried potential customers will be "sticker shocked"

I do all my research on products and pricing before I contact supplier or vendor. If I see "contact for price", I move on to the next item.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Translated: it's too expensive so corporate won't allow us to post the price where all can see. They're worried potential customers will be "sticker shocked"

I do all my research on products and pricing before I contact supplier or vendor. If I see "contact for price", I move on to the next item.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You CAN go to the corporate site and see RETAIL Pricing.

The policy is in place to keep it on an even keel for Dealers and not start Price wars.

Also a reason why when I go to a show where I can show prices, I don't. Why? I had another Dealer cause a bunch of headaches, pulled out of the show because he came by and saw my prices. His statement was "You are the Wal-Mart to my Mom-N-Pop". He actually wanted me to raise my prices. I refused, he was packed and out of there by 10:30 am. His loss.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
931 Posts
Some companies don't allow pricing in ads and such to keep everything even. It's up to the consumer to find the better deal. Like the show price in cart in some sites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a price from you a while back and asked if it included shipping or how much that was but it must not have went threw?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a price from you a while back and asked if it included shipping or how much that was but it must not have went threw?
I apologize. It may have gone into my Spam folder.

When I quote a price, all charges are included except taxes.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
Puzzled

One think that really puzzles me about Amsoil is their marketing and distribution strategy. If this stuff is so good, why not sell it in a more traditional manner? This would increase volume, lower the dollar cost by average as well as lower costs due to economy of scale...... In addition making it much more readily available.

I won't try it because it is a pain in the butt to get and if on the road and I need some, I can't get it at a local auto parts store. Lucas, Royal Purple, Kendal, among others, all make their oils available that way? Why not Amsoil?

Not knocking the product itself, just the marketing strategy and business model.

:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is available at some places. It just depends if they want it and they want to follow corporate policy.

Most Car Quest in FL and many NAPA's there carry it. Many Harley shops do. I have a Harley shop that buys $3000-4500 per month in season. Some O'Reilly's do.

I can set up any Retail Account in the US or Canada if they would like to stock AMSOIL, as long as they abide by AMSOIL Policy.

I don't know about you but I carry a qt of oil in my saddlebag. I only needed about a 1/4 of a qt One time but was because I was pushing the oil change envelope, pulling a heavily loaded trailer and riding 2 up for about 800 miles.

What happens if you are using Kendall and are someplace where you can't find Kendall?[/COLOR]

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
It is available at some places. It just depends if they want it and they want to follow corporate policy.

What happens if you are using Kendall and are someplace where you can't find Kendall?[/COLOR]

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

What is this corporate policy you speak of?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is this corporate policy you speak of?
There are numerous one's. No one can buy direct from AMSOIL, there is what is called a 12/24 policy limiting the number of stores a Dealer can service of 1 company. No warehouse distribution. Cannot advertise pricing such as on the Internet, cannot be on Ebay or similar.

Not being able to buy Direct is what stopped the Wal-Mart deal from going through. There is no way to buy direct from AMSOIL and Wal-Mart would not accept that.....

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
118 Posts
sounds overly complicated, and almost impossible to find a good deal. Sorry, but you are just a salesman, and you will say anything to peddle your wares.

I bet the person that made all those ridiculous "corporate policies" puts their pants on the same way as I do.

I'll just stick with Mobil 1 available everywhere.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So, you are telling me that Amsoil passed on being able to see their product to WalMart because they won't sell factory direct? That Amsoil passed on having a megolith like Walmart buying mllions of quarts of thier product to resell??????? :ltr: That is like someone sayng that Amsoil is used in NASCAR , but SHHHHHHHHH not supposed to tell. And there is a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy from me.

I an throwing a BS Penatly flag on that. Like I said, the poduct may be the best thng since crunchy peanut butter, but the sales and marketing model leaves a great deal to be desired.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts