Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put on a springer front end yet? Show us your photos. If not, is anyone good with photoshop?

Anyone think this would be a cool modification?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
"I bought one of the first ones last fall. It doesn’t fit correctly and a good portion of the hardware is either missing or incorrect. I have been trying to get it resolved with Paughco but it has been very slow. It does look nice sitting in the garage, but it would look better on the bike"

Oh the hardship one encounters when he wants to put an antique and obsolete suspension on his motorcycle...

·
12,983 Posts
Paughco hope your not holding your breath. There a hard company to deal with.

If you never ridden a springer there all not that good

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I read that HC , and thought the same thing. Aside from the springer looking cool, it's horrible to ride with.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
$2500 for century old suspension design--one known universally to ride like hell--just to up the LOOK AT ME factor on a bike. Think I'll keep my inverted cartridge forks. I don't mind old-school looks, but I would prefer to have modern technology to go along with it.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
That's about where the benefits stop...
My friend, Donald, has several bikes. One is a very highly customized Springer Softail. It has PM wheels, PM 6 piston brakes, 200mm rear tire, custom fenders, big inch engine, six speed baker trans, chain drive, open belt primary, (only the basic frame is stock) and a $6000 3D American flag paint job. I have spent several hours on it, since in our crowd we trade around bikes a lot. It's not 'terrible' but it's not comparable to a modern front end either.

Donald's bike has the wheels in line with each other, unlike the stock Harley's offset front wheel on the Springer model.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow.. surprised that people say how uncomfortable or bad springer front ends are. I love them, and actually prefer them over traditional style fork tubes. Granted, the inverted forks on my cross country are the bee's knees when it comes to suspension and I wouldn't trade it for anything,.. but if I ever bought another bike without a fairing I would install a springer if I could. Not only do they look cool, on a hard tail bike its all I want up front because of the comfort.
Now I haven't put a million miles on a springer, but I have put on a lot but again, those were on hard tail choppers or bobbers.

·
Vendor
85 Posts
If done correctly, they can ride very well. Really enjoyed our Sturgis build. Kinda hated to see it go. Resides in sunny California now with its new owner. He thinks it rides rather well too. Was very impressed with the ride quality.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts