Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my rear brake is squeaking. I had to have a new disc put on it last year when it had less than 2,000 miles on the bike...I bought it that way from the original owner. It now is squeaking when I apply the rear and wonder what that might mean other than it is squeaking. In a car it means it is time to change the pads before the rotors are destroyed. Before I take it to the local Vic dealer and end up leaving with another $500.00 repair job, I thought I would hit you guys up with the issue. ThX P.S. I did look at the disc and it appears in good shape and with at least as much thickness at the two front disc

Attachments

·
13,231 Posts
if its the pad it means its loose or has dirt on the pad.
Pull the pad put some sandpaper on a flat surface and run the pad over the sand paper
It might fix it

·
Registered
90 Posts
^ Yeah good point made there.

Squeaking in a car doesn't always mean the pads/rotors are bad...I manage a small fleet of mid size SUVs and we have it all the time. Pads can get small grooves in them and when dirt/dust gets in them, they vibrate a small amount causing that squeak. Usually, a shot with the garden hose to the rotors can stop it (clean the area). If not, try the above and freshen up the pads/rotor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts