Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 Vegas 8-ball that squeals when I have a passenger, but not when I'm alone. Do I need to do something with the suspension? Nothing is touching or rubbing that I can see even with 2 people on the bike. I bought the bike with the solo seat and added a passenger, should I have tightened the suspension then?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
It's the belt. Need to adjust it for tension and alignment. If that doesn't do it; there are wax-based teflon sprays that will make it roll with much less resistance.

I use this stuff and the standard stuff they sell. The chain saver seems to last longer though.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Teflon-Chain-Saver-11-oz/16672659

·
Registered
146 Posts
Before messing with the belt, adjust your coil tensioner down which will increase load handling and prevent belt from rubbing...it's running right where the engine is...look closely at your belt and your see the top side teeth shaved just a hair from the weight. Instructions in the manual on adjusting for additional passenger......
If it was an alignment issue, it would squeel even solo....tension squealing occurs when colder outside and goes away after riding for a bit and belt warms up......
My 2 cents.....

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Belt contacts the upper bolt boss on the front pulley cover. That's the squeak. Only happens when the suspension compresses down.

I would advise against anything sprayed on the belt as it will attract and hold dust/dirt... the enemy of the belt and pulleys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts