Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Riders, i have a simple question it is normal for bike to make like a squishing noise at idle? mines its making in and it comes from both heads like around the injectors side.

99 V92 engine 8.5k miles on it, last oil change around a year but never rode, always stored. oil its super clear. now i know i need to change the oil but is this squishing noise normal?

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Is it steady or pulsing? Might it be the cam chain(s) being loose and the adjusters needing attention?

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I bet it's the compensator in the primary. Sound travels through an engine.

Does it sound like this?

Ric might correct as well. Could just be the sound of the long cam chains which sound different than, say, a Harley Twin Cam short chain sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet it's the compensator in the primary. Sound travels through an engine.

Does it sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3WJBwyBvL4

Ric might correct as well. Could just be the sound of the long cam chains which sound different than, say, a Harley Twin Cam short chain sound.
correct, its doesn't sound so well on the video, but yes same squishing noise, pull clutch nothing changes, and if i accelerate it it increase the speed of the squishing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's a 1999 V92C has around 8536 miles on the dash, can this cause any other issue? i know that bike doesnt have any recalls done; so everything its stock

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
it's a 1999 V92C has around 8536 miles on the dash, can this cause any other issue? i know that bike doesnt have any recalls done; so everything its stock
Nah. It's just annoying to some people and even then it doesn't take long for folks to just tune it out.

This video will show you what it looks like and how it works to absorb the hard torque so it isn't transferred to the driveline.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting, i don't think other bike i owned prior have that, so it doesn't really bother me much, just the worrying that can be something wrong. but its not. so well happy camper. thanks

and a quick question. can i fit a stator and pulley from another victory bike, that came already with 38 amp system? or i need to buy my kit, which i don't see to find anywhere?
thanks againg

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
interesting, i don't think other bike i owned prior have that, so it doesn't really bother me much, just the worrying that can be something wrong. but its not. so well happy camper. thanks

and a quick question. can i fit a stator and pulley from another victory bike, that came already with 38 amp system? or i need to buy my kit, which i don't see to find anywhere?
thanks againg
I would call Rylan Voss about that stator question. He would definitely know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts