Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with the modified air box covers that come with the upgraded victory exhaust systems?

When the dealership installed my crossbox exhaust on my Hammer 8 Ball they also put on some modifed airbox covers with extra holes for more airflow. Strange thing is that they had a brand new left side cover with the chrome piece already installed but the right side needed to be modified and the chrome piece glued to it.

A couple of days after the install the chrome piece fell off. I had them order a new cover and chrome piece. The trouble is the chrome bling thing doesn't really fit, which is probably why it fell off in the first place.

Anybody have any words of wisdom on this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The right side cover is just for looks and held on with 2 sided tape. So they probably didn't prep the area good enough when they stuck it on. I didn't even stick mine on. Just have the left side cover. It's all you really need anyway.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stage 1 Airbox cover

Good info thanks!

The dealership actually hacked a hole in my original right side cover. It wasn't a very good one so I got a new cover.

The trouble with the chrome thing though is that the curvature doesn't fit the airbox cover. I guess I could put a heat gun to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts