Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Kingpin with Stage 1 slip-ons and K&N filter. Went to dealer for download today. Tech says Stage 1 download for 2011 slip-ons no longer exists in the system. He downloaded the flash for a 2011 Kingpin with Vic Drag Pipes. Says it may run a tad rich with that download for slip-ons. I think that's great as Vic motors are HAPPY running a LITTLE rich. On way home I'm thinking.... Is the flash for slip-ons no more because they don't like Cat-Cons? Do Vic Drag Pipes have Cat-Cons ("Off-Road/Racing Only")? If the download is for pipes without Cat-Cons, should I drill mine out?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have a 2011 Kingpin with Stage 1 slip-ons and K&N filter. Went to dealer for download today. Tech says Stage 1 download for 2011 slip-ons no longer exists in the system. He downloaded the flash for a 2011 Kingpin with Vic Drag Pipes. Says it may run a tad rich with that download for slip-ons. I think that's great as Vic motors are HAPPY running a LITTLE rich. On way home I'm thinking.... Is the flash for slip-ons no more because they don't like Cat-Cons? Do Vic Drag Pipes have Cat-Cons ("Off-Road/Racing Only")? If the download is for pipes without Cat-Cons, should I drill mine out?
There's more to the pipe dynamics than the Cat. Nevertheless, if you're set on drilling yours out, do yourself a favor and wear pulmonary filtering of some sort.

All engines can be run over a range of a/f ratios. Engines run most cleanly and efficiently at stoich 14.sumptin to 1. They also run very hot there and don't make the most power. Being we ride on top of these engines, it's not so easy being green.

Seems like most of the hot rodded bikes are running a/f ~13.5 to 1.

You get too rich you'll be carboning up everything and replacing fouled plugs.

I was following a guy today whose bike was running way rich. Blowing black smoke out the back and shooting fireballs out the tail pipe every time he'd get on and off the gas. At one point, he had to pull off the road as his bike seemed like it was having a hard time even running continuously. He was with a buddy, so I just kept on going.

·
13,027 Posts
You'll have to call dealer and ask if the down load was with or with out cats.
Don't go by our word.
With out cats bikes run cooler I have never read if you gain any horse power or loose any

1 - 3 of 3 Posts