Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you change the pipes I believe the computer needs to be remapped. (yes or no)

Is there special tools required and is it a dealer only job ?

Can most automotive shops do this,?
Brad

·
Registered
173 Posts
the software needed for a remap is a dealer only thing. you can get around it by using a vfc but by the time you add all the cost up probaly cheaper to have the dealer do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the software needed for a remap is a dealer only thing. you can get around it by using a vfc but by the time you add all the cost up probaly cheaper to have the dealer do it.
I was going through my '05 Hammer shop manual and it mentions the Digital Wrench software which is what the dlrs use. It shows a part # for it. I don't know how much this software is and if it would be worthwile to buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I was going through my '05 Hammer shop manual and it mentions the Digital Wrench software which is what the dlrs use. It shows a part # for it. I don't know how much this software is and if it would be worthwile to buy it.
Big Vic has a clawed grip on the software, and conecting plugs. They will not sell to private shops, or individuals. I am surprised that the Gov is allowing this after motorcycles moved from the classification of "Recreational" to "Transportation". I expected they would be required to open things up; as in the auto industry

·
Registered
355 Posts
will a vfcIII take care of my poor running bike if i have it tuned on a dyno?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.