Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that there were different stage 1 downloads according to how your pipes and filter are set up. I thought there was just 1 stage 1 flash. :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Why I went with my choice of Pipes, AC, and PCV .. Can't speak about a Victory D/L but on a HD it does squat basically still keeps it Factory lean with an allowance to add a little more Air input keeping the same AFR ..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why I went with my choice of Pipes, AC, and PCV .. Can't speak about a Victory D/L but on a HD it does squat basically still keeps it Factory lean with an allowance to add a little more Air input keeping the same AFR ..
I may end up going with a controller.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Let me know what you come up with ridealittle, I was thinking about the stage 1 myself but may be leaning toward the vfcIII. I would like to control some of the decel popping with the pipes I put on the other day but not sure the s1 will help with that but since I got the 5 year warranty on mine it makes going to a processor a more difficult choice. When I priced the download with a local dealer he did not mention different downloads.

·
Registered
918 Posts
as far as i know there is just 1 download for the stage 1

·
Premium Member
13,641 Posts
If there is more than one; it's news to me. A controller is your best bet. Picking which one isn't always the easiest thing to do though. Kinda depends on what else you might want to do down the road.

I highly recommend the Lloydz air filter and timing wheel for power and smoothness. I went with the PC-V w/AT with no regrets. I change things often enough to warrant spending the extra bucks for it. I'm just waiting on one more performance item from Lloydz, the torque tubes for the X bikes or whatever he will call them, and then I'm done. I will make two different tunes. One for performance and one for economy; then disconnect the AT. I might even get the switch to change the tunes without the 'puter. ;)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I don't have any drastic plans for my XR, just would like a little more get up and go in the lower RPM's and lessen my exhaust popping and not looking to lose much mpg's. My bike also has the low RPM surge that annoys the crap out of me when coming to a stop light and going through the gears. I may end up with the stage 1 for now and if I keep the bike longer than 4.5 more years I may add the VFC or PC-V but I will probably be ready to move onto something else by then.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Plan on keeping mine a while how long not sure, but do have plans for more power in the future, Cams and timing wheel anyway .. Nice to know am ready for them when my wallet can stand it .. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If there is more than one; it's news to me. A controller is your best bet. Picking which one isn't always the easiest thing to do though. Kinda depends on what else you might want to do down the road.

I highly recommend the Lloydz air filter and timing wheel for power and smoothness. I went with the PC-V w/AT with no regrets. I change things often enough to warrant spending the extra bucks for it. I'm just waiting on one more performance item from Lloydz, the torque tubes for the X bikes or whatever he will call them, and then I'm done. I will make two different tunes. One for performance and one for economy; then disconnect the AT. I might even get the switch to change the tunes without the 'puter. ;)
is the pcv w/ at plug and play? i'm considering it. if I get anything with adjustments on it I will fiddle with it forever and never be satisfied, I've been down that road before. from what I can find out the stage 1 flash is right at 300.00 and I can get the pcv w/ at for 600.00, but if I can't find anyone to do a flash that knows what they are doing I would rather spend the 6 to get it right. I talked to someone else at vic and he said there is more than one stage 1 flash card depending on your set up.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
is the pcv w/ at plug and play? i'm considering it. if I get anything with adjustments on it I will fiddle with it forever and never be satisfied, I've been down that road before. from what I can find out the stage 1 flash is right at 300.00 and I can get the pcv w/ at for 600.00, but if I can't find anyone to do a flash that knows what they are doing I would rather spend the 6 to get it right. I talked to someone else at vic and he said there is more than one stage 1 flash card depending on your set up.
There are many around who can explain it better than me but simply put will say if get a PCV with a decent Base Map on it .. When add AT will pretty much take care of itself ...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I did my mufflers with cherry bombs last fall and just got my high flow air filter from paul at Honda east ( he sold me one for a good price and fast shipping), now I just have to figure out between pcv w/at or stage 1 download and install the filter. I would really prefer the download as I won't be doing anything else to the bike, if I can find a dealer that knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Talk to the people at mt sport off exit 407 I believe they will do u good

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Talk to the people at mt sport off exit 407 I believe they will do u good
I talked to them about an hour ago and got the same story. the tech said you have to have specific software that comes with whatever pipes you use:crzy:

·
Registered
918 Posts
does that mean i should have gotten software to keep when i got my stage 1

·
Registered
918 Posts
i"ll ask them when i call them monday to set appointment for new rear tire

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does that mean i should have gotten software to keep when i got my stage 1
I got hold of tommys in Crossville, he's still there. he said there were different cards and different downloads for different pipes. I wish someone who KNOWS whats going on would chime in.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The dealer I talked to looked it up on the computer and said he can get the download for around $170 and didn't mention different ones. I am sure there are different downloads for different models of Vics but for the cross bikes there are only two pipes offered. The regular stage 1 pipes and the newer tri-oval pipes. Just tell the dealer to order the card for regular S1 Cross exhaust. I am reminded why I try to avoid dealerships after I purchase a vehicle/bike. I spent a good couple of hours reading every thread I could find trying to decide between the S1 and the VFC-III. Don't need a ton more power, just want to get rid of the "surge" at lower rpms when gearing down and the popping from the WD pipes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts