Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to quiet these pipes down? I did see a bolt on the inside of the tip on each pipe and was wondering if it has removable baffles/resonators. If not, is the regular stock exhaust easily obtainable?Thank you for your help.

Brad/North Myrtle Beach
20210104_193726.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
That bolt would indicate some form of baffle, spray some WD in there and carefully remove the bolt anticlockwise and you're under the bike.
Don't snap the bolt off!
Thing before acting.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes the baffles may need some persuasion but they come out. Sometimes you can get them from the open end but on my Vic I had to take the exhaust apart and hammer them out from the front.

Depending on how long they've been in there the baffles may need rewrapping if they've started to come apart. Lots of videos on line but basically they just need to be snuggly covered and wire wrapped on. Just about any bike shop will have the material.

If they appear to be good and you're simply trying to reduce the noise take a look on line for quiet baffles in the right size. Note that your performance may be effected though.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I once had to take baffles out of my wife's VTX1300 aftermarket pipes. They were held in by a set screw but even with that screw removed, they would not budge. I ended up putting the long wooden handle of a maul into the open/accessible end of the baffle. The maul handle was just wide enough to be able to lodge it firmly against the welded on baffle nut into which the set screw inserted. This gave me the necessary leverage and a twist of the maul head broke the baffle loose from the interior of the pipe and I could remove it.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Myself I use course stainless steel wool, available online for muffler repacking instead of fiberglass muffler packing material. It lasts much longer.
Putting nickel hi temperature never-seize on the baffle contact points as well as on a new bolt help too. Don’t over do the never-seize and cause a mess of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Arlen Ness pipes on my Vegas, and each pipe has a cone shaped baffle that is removable. Stock pipes or exhausts should be easy to find, I have some in the attic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible to quiet these pipes down? I did see a bolt on the inside of the tip on each pipe and was wondering if it has removable baffles/resonators. If not, is the regular stock exhaust easily obtainable?Thank you for your help.

Brad/North Myrtle Beach View attachment 252833
What year kingpin, 92 cu in? I have a stock set of pipes for an 04

1 - 7 of 7 Posts