Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hope to find everyone loving their rides this fine day! I am, by no means, not an expert on Vic upgrades and I bought my bike used so I'm not certain what's been done in the past. The CCT has many aesthetic upgrades, mostly Ness add-ons and a few aftermarkets. But what I would like to know is if there is a way to tell if the pipes have been upgraded to the stage 1 package? Since this is my first Vic, I don't have a sound comparison and no one I know has a Vic too. I'm thinking about going to the Vic dealer nearest me to ask but was wondering if anyone knows of any visual indications which indicate the pipes have had the Vic pipe upgrade? Let the chiding begin:)).

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Well posting us a picture would be a lot easier than trying to tell you... Look on the Vic website and see if your exhaust looks anything look there's... Does your bike sound like a sewing machine?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but it doesn't sound robust either. I was under the impression the factory stage 1's didn't change the heat shields from the stock so outward appearance doesn't provide any indication. I'll post a pic when I can, I didn't take a pic of the exhaust specifically. The sound is rather mellow but not "sewing machine" like.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's what I've heard, and without the experience of knowing the stock sound for sure, I can't determine if it's been upgraded or not. It does have a little rumble to it which I can hear in tunnels and under bridges most. Sitting still and rev'ing it I get a little growl too. I'm just going to have to break down and go to the dealership and listen to a stock bike and compare. Nothing like a well tuned ear:).

P.S. anyone have a well tuned ear I can borrow??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts