Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my demo ride last month I was able to hear some stage 1 exhausts next to the stock system. To my ears it was a much larger difference than Vics stage 1 vs it's stock. ( The rep told me it was worth about 3 ft/lbs of tq) My question is: Assuming that the stock exhaust is near the legal decibel limit, how does Indian get around the law on this with their stage 1? It's not like it's a D&D or Vance & Hines....it's an Indian product sold on a new bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I didn't even consider a stage 1 on my Vic, but may get it on the Indian.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
My question is: Assuming that the stock exhaust is near the legal decibel limit, how does Indian get around the law on this with their stage 1?
They don't nor does anyone else. That's why you'll find a disclaimer on aftermarket pipe's documentation that says "for race use only" in the fine print.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
When I did my demo ride last month I was able to hear some stage 1 exhausts next to the stock system. To my ears it was a much larger difference than Vics stage 1 vs it's stock. ( The rep told me it was worth about 3 ft/lbs of tq) My question is: Assuming that the stock exhaust is near the legal decibel limit, how does Indian get around the law on this with their stage 1? It's not like it's a D&D or Vance & Hines....it's an Indian product sold on a new bike.
Easy - They put a disclaimer directly on the pipes themselves. EVERY Stage One pipe has something similar to the following on them "For competitive off-road use only". It's even there on the tri-ovals (on the back side that faces the tires).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm familiar with that disclaimer on aftermarket bike and car parts, but didn't realize it could be used on a product sold by the maker of the vehicle itself. (and at the time of the original new vehicle sale to the first owner)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts