1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you just go mufflers and high flow do you need the stage 1 download

·
13,003 Posts
doing a flash will add fuel and advance your timing by 2 or 3 degrees.

Check your mileage now. Add your air filter and exhaust and see if your mileage changes.
If you think your lean un hook your 02's that will get you richer.
You will get popping but if you don't close the throttle all the way when you shift you can avoid the popping.
No I don't think the flash is worth the 100 or so bucks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I haven't done anything yet but I see alot of stage 1 mufflers for sale and would like my stock XCT to have a little more rumble. I'm leaning on the Llyodz air filter as well.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
.......If you think your lean un hook your 02's that will get you richer.
You will get popping but if you don't close the throttle all the way when you shift you can avoid the popping.
No I don't think the flash is worth the 100 or so bucks
+1 on the O2's if ANY popping ONCE you have checked all joints for torque and seated. See LLoydz technote on Popping. Very good. It's a simple fix and it works. throttle roll off technique is just the way it is, you will figure it out.

Stage1 flash. +1 Don't waste your money. The VFCIII is EASY to install, it is an addon so your not doing anything but unplugging your fuel injectors and plugging them into the VFCIII and then the VFCIII into the injector. You can email Lloydz for a baseline set of numbers to use or someone here can maybe help too with your configuration. Unbelieveable improvement I see them on here for around 200 used or 265 new I think.

As for the air filter, a must. EPA kills what these engines are capable of WITHOUT major work. More air, more gas and better exhaust unleash what you already paid for AND provides MILES of SMILES!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Tim

·
13,003 Posts
save your money on a flash and spen it on Lloydz V111
best money you could spend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts