Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 vegas 8ball. it has the stock pipes and i bought it with 4 holes drilled inthe end of the mufflers. i do not know how far they go in or any details on what was done but it is still way to quite. i do not have to have anything crasy loud but need something more. i am on a budget and have been looking at the stage 1 kits with the mufflers k&n and remap. how much louder will these be? ive used the search button and can't find a whole lot checked youtube and the only thing i think i found was a short clip of a blue pin riding away. if anyone has any decent quality audio of these i would love to hear it. also my next option up in price would be the santa rosa clubs. any opinion on these. i would then have to invest even more into a pcIII or a lloyds unit. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i would probably save until i could get the set up that i wanted. nothing worse than spending money and not getting what you really want. you could probably run those santa rosas with the stage 1 download and vented/k&n. but alot of folks buy some pipes and and s&s airbox it comes with a download that a dealer would have to program.

·
Registered
85 Posts
but it is still way to quite. i do not have to have anything crasy loud but need something more.
:ltr:

OK, so you do want something crazy loud.

The stage 1 kit I have on my 08 hammer has made the bike crazy loud. I ride with a full face and it is still so.

Back in the day, I rode a honda. When I'd ride with my friends (mostly HD) I could never hear my bike - I had to touch it to make sure it was on or roll the throttle to make sure it hadn't died while going down the road...

Anyway, those same HD friends today, can't hear their bikes due to my Vic... thumb up (but they sure can feel them!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats alot of it. don't need something crasy loud imo but am tired of being the sewing machine with the hd's. i get the vibe people feel my real good buddies little sporty 1200 has something on my vic just because of the obnoxios amount of noise it makes with its v&h's however i was also considering putting on an aftermarket little stereo and would like to hear it. i was talking about the stage 1 slip ons that look pretty much stock., are they that much louder? i dont really mind the stock look it just needs a little more in the audio department. i know these are the far extreme but a set of the conquest custums ground pounders just got on the local clist any opinions of these? do they have any baffling it seems a lack of back pressure may be an issue and tuning may be a mess. also are they just crasy ear bleeding loud? iasked if he still had them on the bike as they are in the pic and havent got a response yet. i need a little more sound but not at the expense of reliabilty or power. if im going to spend money i hope to increase the bike lengths on hd's and buells not give them up. thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts