Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the stage 1 tri oval exhaust a year and a half ago. Only 8k miles on them. The right exhaust now makes a loose rattling sound when I Rev the engine in neutral. Anyone experienced this on the Vic stage 1's ? Is there a baffle or tube coming loose inside? Can I loosen the 2 bolts on the chrome tip on the lower side to gain access for a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
This noise you hear likely isn't from the muffler, I'd lay bets it is the directional exhaust valve at the right for the cross over that's rattling.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this directional valve coming loose? I purchased 5 year extended warranty on my Vic. Wonder if that is a warrantable issue.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
So is this directional valve coming loose? I purchased 5 year extended warranty on my Vic. Wonder if that is a warrantable issue.

If you have a warranty and a new noise, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Check the hose clamps holding the heat shields on they're the easiest fix and you'll save yourself the time of taking it to the dealer for a fix you can do with a nut driver.
You're 100% right, I just assume when someone asks for help they've already checked the simple, basic stuff.

·
13,172 Posts
when pipes are cold pull your saddle bag. Then start hitting the muffler and pipe with you hand and see if you hear a sound.
I believe there is a allen button head bolt on the back side of the muffler

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the hose clamps holding the heat shields on they're the easiest fix and you'll save yourself the time of taking it to the dealer for a fix you can do with a nut driver.

Never thought of that. I will.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're 100% right, I just assume when someone asks for help they've already checked the simple, basic stuff.

Very valid point.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when pipes are cold pull your saddle bag. Then start hitting the muffler and pipe with you hand and see if you hear a sound.

I believe there is a allen button head bolt on the back side of the muffler

I'll use a rubber mallet. Another good idea. Thx

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great advise. This is why I became a lifetime member. Lots of constructive advice. Thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts