Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2011 kingpin and it has this exhaust on it. I love the appearance of it versus the stock exhaust and I kind of like the rumble of it. I'm used to a more quiet exhaust on my Honda I had, but thought I'd like this new sound. After riding today about a 100 miles, it kinda got annoying toward the end of the ride. :eek: The bike come with the stock exhaust in case I want to switch back, but as I said, I like the looks of the swept pipe.

The previous owner put the pipes on himself and didn't do that tuning thing so it kind of pops and back fires a little on deceleration. Has anyone ever put baffles in these pipes to just quiet them a little bit? Or do most people that put these on do it for the louder sound?

My husband has the 2009 kingpin tour with stock exhaust which is really quiet, I think. However, I had read that with the 2011 the engine sound is not as noticeable as it is in the earlier years and the there is more sound to the stock exhaust. I know the engine sound difference is true because his is more noisy, mine is quiet. Not sure about the dif in the stock exhaust. Not sure what I want to do at this point about exhaust issue. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?? Can someone recommend what baffles anyone has either used or heard someone else may have used to tone these Swept pipes down? Since these pipes have that curve I would imagine only certain 2 1/8 inch diameter baffles would even go in them :confused:

·
Registered
427 Posts
If they are the stock ones pull them out and wrap with fiberglass packing. This should help but all the other baffles will be louder. Many people change the baffles for more noise/less restriction. Pull yours out and see what you have. I have stock ones I will send you for free if yours are not the factory ones.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they are the stock ones pull them out and wrap with fiberglass packing. This should help but all the other baffles will be louder. Many people change the baffles for more noise/less restriction. Pull yours out and see what you have. I have stock ones I will send you for free if yours are not the factory ones.
Probably a dumb question, but how will we know if they are stock? Is there something printed on them? :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Does it still have any baffles in ?

I just pulled mine over the weekend to get more sound, they aren't wrapped anymore, but I still have em and the mount bolts.

If you want them, cover shipping and they're yours.

First try at a pic, so bear with me.
Great pic!!!...nice washing machine too..so clean:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hubby yanked them out and they sure don't look like the stock ones in Mcan1x picture. Can there be baffles put in pipes that make them louder than a stock baffle??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I just pulled mine over the weekend to get more sound, they aren't wrapped anymore, but I still have em and the mount bolts.

How'd you get that pic up here? Did you use Drop box? I have that, but can't figure out how to post a pic of the baffles hubby took out. They aren't like yours. Maybe that's why they're louder??

·
Registered
20 Posts
How'd you get that pic up here? Did you use Drop box? I have that, but can't figure out how to post a pic of the baffles hubby took out. They aren't like yours. Maybe that's why they're louder??
I tried to use my drop box link and it didn't work, uploaded it as an attachment.. :cool:

My guess is you have an aftermarket set in, mine are stock, when they were in and wrapped, there just wasn't any note at all.

Not a good thing in a sea of old drivers and texting teens.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope this works. This is the baffles that was in my Swept pipes. It has a honey comb looking thing in one end of each baffle. Guess it's not stock huh? I know it's sure sooty! I'd like to try the stock baffles before I yank these pipes off and just go back to stock. It might be just enough to quiet it and stop that awful rapping sound when cruising.

Whichever one of ya that offered can box up and send your stock baffles to me for this Swept I'd appreciate it. My zip code is 37804 if ya just let me know what the shipping would be, I can paypal to you. Appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Try the Thunder Monster QQ Baffles.
The Thunder Monster baffles slip right into a swept pipe, but they are fairly noisy(SWEET SOUNDING).
The QQ might be exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those are the stock ones. Get some packing and wrap them. Don't get the qq baffles they are much much louder than the stocks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Houston, we have a problem...got the 'stock' baffles today you shipped me you said you took out of your swept pipes. They won't even go in my swept pipes. ??? The flange on them is too big. So what pipes did you take these things out of?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Those are the stock ones. Get some packing and wrap them. Don't get the qq baffles they are much much louder than the stocks.
So let me get this straight, the pic of the baffles I posted are the stock baffles? Because the ones that were sent to me by another member I have no idea what they are, they are not stock...they won't even go in the Swept pipes. :mad:

Wrapping these that I have, if they are in fact stock...we've never wrapped any baffles. Does the entire baffle between the flanges get wrapped and how much of that stuff...one layer thick?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not sure what they sent you maybe ones for victory xbow pipes which are larger than the swepts, they quit makin swept in 2011. I would start with one layer and go from there. Get the wire to tie it down. Good luck

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
You want it quiet migjt as well wrap as much as you physically can and secure it with wire.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The baffles on the washing machine are definitely X bow, the baffles in that pic above are not X bow baffles. I have standard swepts and my bro has x bow swepts. We've both replaced baffles in our pipes, the washing machine baffles look nothing like mine and exactly like X bow baffles. And for the record the stock pipes can't be any quieter than an X bow. My swepts with stock baffles and my bros X bow pipes with stock baffles were the difference of a stock Dodge Neon and a Cummins with 5" pipe! Now that he did thunder baffles and I did RPW baffles you can't tell the difference. X bow pipes are about 2-5/8" muffler diameter and normal swepts about 2". Maybe there is some confusion but this should clear it up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So as not to create a new thread, can someone tell me what advantage this "crossover chamber" between the pipes does?

Freedom has a "NEW Redesigned Sharp Curve Radius now with crossover chamber and removable end caps"

So now their traditional 2-2 pipes have this crossover.

Do I take it that it acts somewhat for scavenging? Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts