Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if anyone here uses the stage 1 Tri Pro 2-1 on their cruiser? All I have seen/heard are the slash cuts or X-Bows. Thoughts/opinions?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
tri-pro

[/URL][/IMG]the stage I tripro was installed on my 13 hammer by former owner, it looks good but is very quiet to me + has the cats still in the head pipes. its all steel with no packing + seems heavy. i drilled mine out to get a better sound as the baffle is removable. prolly would have bought a thor by RPW if it were stock, the air filter is a joke + has been replaced by a ness filter + i added a dobeck AFR+ as well. if anyone makes a 304 stainless 2-1 system it will be replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It certainly is a nice looking exhaust. I'd imagine all the Vic stage 1 exhausts have cats in them? They do need to be EPA legal. Like the X-Bows have them as well...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine was installed already by the dealer when i bought my jackkpot and I also thought it was pretty quiet. After about 3 to 4000 miles it started to sound a little more throatier. I got 7500 miles on my bike now and it sounds pretty decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
cats

the cats are in the ends of the headpipes, under the black heatshields are chrome headpipes, prolly same on all steel framed Vic's. my guess is you are actually getting an expensive "slipon" with the meaningless filter upgrade + whatever they do to the ECU. you can get a full exhaust + dobeck fuel controller for similar $$, add a timing wheel + a real air filter + your done as was my case. dyno's, cams etc get costly for the xtra power unless $$$ is no object.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts