Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade and either get the stage 1 flash or lloydz fuel controller. They are fairly close in cost after you add the dealer charge to install the stage 1. I have no interest in cams etc so wanted to know if there is a difference of note?

I rode a bike with the stage 1 flash and it was a nice boost in power.

Thanks
John
2012 XC Adam Bombs

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Stage 1

I had it recently done to my XR. I had been running with the o2s disconnected which seemed to help richen it up a bit and run better to me. The stage 1 seems to be a much better improvement and the 02s are hooked back up. Do not know about mpg yet,time will tell.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
If all you're doing is exhaust/intake the flash is the way I would go, if you think you will ever do more engine customizing you may want to go with the fuel controller. Lloydz is soon releasing a new version for our Victory's though I believe.

I run the Stage 1 flash and filter with the Ness Thunder exhaust, and a Lloydz Adjustable IAV and it runs like a champ. When/if I do cams though I will have to get a fuel controller and the money I spent on the stage 1 will esentially be a waste, but who knows if I will get around to that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have rpw Thor pipes, and the stage 1air box. I've thinking of dropping my vfc3 and stick with the stage 1 flash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NJ8Ball,
Why are you thinking of switching?
John

·
Registered
931 Posts
MPG is off and some issues when rolling on throttle at times. Not sure yet, Its getting frigid out, so Ill wait till spring to figure it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts