Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to tell if my bike has stage one map without having to leave my bike at the shop for 3 weeks? I need to get rid of the map if I can.

2006 vegas 8 ball
hacker rippers
lloydz torque tubes
anger management fuel control

·
Registered
784 Posts
Judging by the add ons, if the bike isn't very lean my uneducated guess would be yes. At least a remap.

Why you worried about it?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Judging by the add ons, if the bike isn't very lean my uneducated guess would be yes. At least a remap.

Why you worried about it?
Stage 1 is as sporty as a Vic ECU map gets. I wasn't worried, just curious as to why he feels the need to remove it if it exists. If he's going to add a fuel controller, it will alter any base ECU map to derive the proper injector command signals. I can't imagine why anyone would think they would need to remove a Stage 1 base map of a bike unless maybe they were going to put it back to its stock configuration i.e. stock pipes and air filter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stage1

Just led to believe that I neede to clear the remap or it would run to lean (hacker instructions). You guys feel that unnecessary, thats good enough for me

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ya, I can't imagine it taking 3 weeks to remove it either. Wait,,,,,,is it a Vic dealer?! :ltr:

Seriously, check out WD to see if a tuner is there. It may be difficult even if you know what you are looking for. The install video will help with figuring out what you are looking for in a "tuner", a flash is different.
This won't be your bike, but should give an idea if a tuner is on it, what to look for. http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1812/victory-motorcycle-parts-performance-featured-fuel-controller-sc-570/

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just led to believe that I neede to clear the remap or it would run to lean (hacker instructions). You guys feel that unnecessary, thats good enough for me
Stage 1 map will run a bit more rich than a stock map. Aftermarket exhaust and breather should need at least that.

Good Luck.

·
13,239 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sporatic miss

My bike had these symptoms before any add ons. The ams is for 07s and earlier.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sporatic miss

My bike had these symptoms before any add ons. The ams is for 07s and earlier. I appreciate your guys time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts