Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like'em. I mean, I guess they sound "ok" when I'm going up through the gears but I'm a flower-sniffer and think they're just way too loud. I did do a quick 300 mile loop today and averaged slightly over 49 mpg (according to that fancy trip gauge) but they're just louder than I like.

I'm curious though...if I went back to stock mufflers...and I'd just as soon trade someone for a set...would my mileage go down the tank?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't know what level 2 mufflers sound like but I installed the level 1 mufflers. Louder than stock but has to be quieter than level 2 mufflers. I like the sound, loud but I can still here the radio at level 11.
You can also modify the stock mufflers that you took off to be quiet or loud depending on how many holes you put in the muffler.

Buster

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I don't like'em. I mean, I guess they sound "ok" when I'm going up through the gears but I'm a flower-sniffer and think they're just way too loud. I did do a quick 300 mile loop today and averaged slightly over 49 mpg (according to that fancy trip gauge) but they're just louder than I like.

I'm curious though...if I went back to stock mufflers...and I'd just as soon trade someone for a set...would my mileage go down the tank?
Your bikes MPG should remain pretty much the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts