Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

Has anybody upgraded there cam's to get that shaky thunder sound from there engine and what cam's have you found to provide that sound with reasonable power gains.

I have always upgraded the cam in my Dodge / Chrysler collection and this will be the first time i will install them in to a motorcycle so all the help i can get would be gratefull.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
403 Posts
There is no cam available for a Victory that will make it sound like a huge-cammed muscle car or a Harley for that case. Even the most powerful Vics have a smooth idle.
If you hear a Vic that sounds like that it has problems! :ltr:

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
There is no cam available for a Victory that will make it sound like a huge-cammed muscle car or a Harley for that case. Even the most powerful Vics have a smooth idle.
Or it's a race bike....

My bike is pretty potent, but it doesn't lope at idle... just hunts a bit. Like Rylan said, just a cam change isn't going to give it to ya...
If you did cam it to sound like that you'd lose all your low end torque and drivability.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
When I first bought my bike, the original owner had turned the idle down to about 600rpm and it sounded BETTER than a Harley. After I found out it was hard on the oil pump, I quickly brought the idle up to about 950rpm.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanx 4 your reply Vic Builder,

As lobe sepration is not performance based then are you aware of any aftermarket Victory Cam machinists / makers.

I know quiet abit about Cams and i am positive that New Cam + Hi Perf Oil pump + Tune will work OK if you could just point me in the right direction.

Thanx again for responding and everyone else, as without you guy's i would be a mushroom down under.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
25 Posts
IMO you will struggle to make a 4 valve per cylinder, overhead cam, hemi head motor sound like an old 2 valve push rod V8.
I have read of some with ness honker exhausts changing them after fitting cam mods as they were too loud.
As far as which cams I have read that Lloyds are really good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're on a Victory now, so most of what you know about cams won't apply. This is your guy: http://www.lloydz.com

I'm making horsepower in the 130s and my cams are .484 lift. Go figure...
Thanks Half Crazy,

I will give them a ring and see exactly what can or can not be done.

Cheers
AL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts