Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15,000 miles I decided to do a stage one performance upgrade.Victory S1L2 pipes. Power commander v.Ness twin intake kit. Install took 3 hours.First drive impression...I'm shocked that the pipes are so quiet.they weigh 2 pounds less each saving a total of 4 pounds, but sound like the stock pipes to me.Drivability in all ranges has smoothed out, most noticed in low speed riding is better not as jerky, upper end performance is excellent..boy it really goes.I might have lost some low end torque...dont really know for sure...I'm sure I do like the improved drivability.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
After 15,000 miles I decided to do a stage one performance upgrade.Victory S1L2 pipes. Power commander v.Ness twin intake kit. Install took 3 hours.First drive impression...I'm shocked that the pipes are so quiet.they weigh 2 pounds less each saving a total of 4 pounds, but sound like the stock pipes to me.Drivability in all ranges has smoothed out, most noticed in low speed riding is better not as jerky, upper end performance is excellent..boy it really goes.I might have lost some low end torque...dont really know for sure...I'm sure I do like the improved drivability.
I put Stage 1 pipes on my 2012 XCT a couple of weeks ago. I read all the forums time and time again and narrowed down to Stage 1, D & D's, and Nascar6. Finally decided that I would go to the Stage 1's. I kept the original pipes just in case I wanted to send them to Nascar. The Stage 1's have a little deeper sound than the stocks and more sound when you rack her back, but not enough to drown out the Ipod. So for now I'm happy with sound and performance. I like to hear my music going down the road at 80mph and the Stage 1's are working for me. If want to rattle the windows I just jump on the old V92C LOL!! cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did the factory stage one last May and cannot believe how it transformed my bike into a much more fun machine. The sound isn't overly loud and performance is great. There is a pop every so often, mostly when cold. I should have done this when the bike was new.
Tom from Mesquite Nevada

·
13,235 Posts
I tuck the black end caps out of the chrome tips and picked up some sound but not the ugly kind and just maybe a small more torque

1 - 4 of 4 Posts