Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a wide variety of nice bikes.

Where is yours?
In the garage.

I live 2 hours away from the show and it was overcast and looking like rain on the radar-- I am not into riding thru a rainstorm.

But if you want to see the bike its on my profile-- just ckick photo album

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be 100 % honest- the whole bike is a NIGHTMARE to keep clean

I would rather detail 3 cars than 1 bike- never knew there were so many nooks and crevaces for dirt & dust-- 1 trip down the road and its dusty already

I try to keep it looking fairly new so I am constantly wiping it down-- the white frame isn't that bad though, I came VERY close to buying one of those '07 JP's, white with the blue flame graphics, my favorite behind the '09 CNJP

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I've been using the Lucas "Slick Mist" that was recommended on another forum. It does a better job than Pledge, which a lot of people swear by, and just plain 'ole water in a sprayer. The Slick Mist is more of a quick, in between waxes, product but the bottle is lasting a long time and it really pulls the dirt and grime out of the paint so the corrosion doesn't start setting in.

Sometimes I get really lazy and just wet down a chamois and quickly go over it. If I get caught in the rain and the bike is still wet when I get home I find this the best, if not easiest, way to get ahead of the clean up job.

The 07 JP you spoke of is down at the dealership where I got my 09. I considered it as well but for the price I got a new one with the closed loop EFI, 106 motor, and 2 yeaar warranty; I figure it was better to get the 09. Besides; it had a unique paint job. Apparently the dealership had a lot of black Vics on the showroom floor and decided to do a two-tone black and white to this JP to make it stand out a bit more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts