Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got the engine sitting in the corner of the small garage I park my Victory in. I have been telling myself I need to tear that thing down all the way. Well it's to my old 1975 850T MotoGuzzi. So today the wife went off to take the great grand daughter shopping. So after cleaning up the old Victory it hit me. Tear the little 850cc engine down. Simple engine really to take apart. Now it will be some time before it goes back together. It needs just about everything, pistons, cylinders, bearings, cam, lifters, seal kit. So it had been into before sometime in it's past. Found a few things I did not like, bolt locking plates missing, incorrect gaskets, valve hitting one piston, worn out cam. So the positive to all this is once I get the means to purchase the parts I am going to try and get the 1000cc pistons, and cylinders, and a little bit higher lift cam. If the economy improves it may all come together in the next year. Oh yes a couple of years ago to get the project going I tore it down and sent the frame in for powder coat. Since then we have moved a couple of times, changed jobs. Life happens, so this project gets pushed to the back burner usually. Been looking at post from the National Moto Guzzi Group on one of the social medias sites. Seeing all those Guzzis on there makes me want to get this old bike running again. When they run right they can be very nice to ride. When I bought this one years ago I rode it home on one cylinder, it was shot then. I had ridden the bike a couple of years before that when it ran on two cylinders. The guy had let it sit and then was moving across country. So the fun begins again.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
You are a bear for punishment, SB. I gotta admit I have a soft spot for Guzzis too.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
A build thread, yes please, awsome new years resolution

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
@Speedblue ...I always liked Guzzi bikes, imo back in the day, they more style than what Japan was sending over. I'm looking forward to you resurrecting this one..
Don't forget the pics ;)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I did a bike project that I finished up a couple of years ago and loved doing it. Others on here ribbed me pretty hard for tackling a rust bucket but now I have a well running, tagged, and insured 1973 Kawasaki 175 enduro 2 smoker that I ride quite often. It was 70 degrees here yesterday and I chose to ride it over my Cross Bike! It was a fun project that kept me busy over a couple of winters and cost more money than I want to admit. Nothing professional, all paint is from a spray can in the back yard but everything mechanical was taken apart and rebuilt, cleaned, or replaced.
Before
0707031936a.jpg

After
IMG_20160618_162947573.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts