Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which side of the solenoid goes to the battery and which goes to the starter? I am installing an aftermarket solenoid and it is sideways compared to the original. If I wire it in the same orientation as the original the starter wire is too close to the battery wire. If it doesn't matter then there will be plenty of room for both wires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Does it matter which side of the solenoid goes to the battery and which goes to the starter? I am installing an aftermarket solenoid and it is sideways compared to the original. If I wire it in the same orientation as the original the starter wire is too close to the battery wire. If it doesn't matter then there will be plenty of room for both wires.
nope.. if it had a diode in it , it would but it doesnt.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
The device on the left of the battery is a thermal breaker and the lead from the battery goes on to the brass colored post. I hope you got a new one from an auto parts store. The OEM ones are crap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The device on the left of the battery is a thermal breaker and the lead from the battery goes on to the brass colored post. I hope you got a new one from an auto parts store. The OEM ones are crap.
I got the solenoid from amazon. Got it installed. because it is oriented 90 degrees out from the stock one the posotive lead it very close to the frame but I got it covered with the red boot. Works great so far. I have already replaced the 40 amp breaker with the napa style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts